Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#553 2009-02-27 16:18:36

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

robhert – I did see that, but I don’t really know the answer, and it didn’t sound tru_tags related. Sorry, I should have said so in my last post. My best guess is that you need to add the “time” attribute to your txp:article tag that renders your search-results page.

#554 2009-02-27 16:27:13

robhert
Website

Thank you very much Nathan! Sorry for this :D. I’ll try to do that. ;)

#555 2009-03-07 13:23:44

Yassin

Hello!

This has probably been resolved already, or is super simple to resolve but i can’t:

I installed this plugin, now i just want to hide the “tag” section on my sidebar, since it’s empty and useless. How can i achieve that?
Here you can see what i mean: http://www.pleasenofriendship.com/blog (right, in the “pages” section)

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Yassin (2009-03-07 13:26:32)

#556 2009-03-08 08:49:52

merz1
Website

Yassin, what code are you using in your sidebar to show the section list?

Solutions:

• Recommended: Look at the available txp: tag: Wiki: txp:section_list and check the attributes.
  • Code section list by hand
  • Find a plug-in which offers the right navigation as you like it

PS: As a TXP newbie the new Textpattern Tag Reference should be your number one place to study, read, learn, breathe, and enhance your Textpattern knowledge!

Last edited by merz1 (2009-03-08 08:52:53)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#557 2009-03-24 14:54:06

whocarez
Plugin Author
Website GitHub Twitter

Hello,

is it possible to use in a future release utf-8 tags/keywords? Or is this question more related to textpattern source than to tru_tags source?
The problem is for me at the moment, that I can’t use german umlauts in tags. It’s not real a problem, but it would be nicer and more beautiful to use real “german” tags ;)…..

Thanks
Andreas

#558 2009-03-24 16:21:51

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

whocarez wrote:

Hello,
is it possible to use in a future release utf-8 tags/keywords? Or is this question more related to textpattern source than to tru_tags source?
The problem is for me at the moment, that I can’t use german umlauts in tags. It’s not real a problem, but it would be nicer and more beautiful to use real “german” tags ;)…..

There is problem with strtolower() which tries to lower chars in tag. I commented this function in plugin and editted javascript for working with Opera
http://pastie.org/425207 – normal
http://pastie.org/425208 – zipped

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#559 2009-04-13 16:11:04

aswihart
Website

Really weird, I can’t get the activeclass in tru_tags_cloud to work with the tag how-to or how to or even how-too, but it works with howto or howy-tooy, and all my other tags including those with multiple words get the class applied correctly. I can’t figure out why. I don’t have a category called how-to. Hmm…

Last edited by aswihart (2009-04-13 16:11:51)

#560 2009-04-15 11:45:17

Agogo

Hello

Ive got the same problem as whocarez. The Swedish language also has some characters in utf-8 (å-ä-ö/Å-Ä-Ö) and as a happy user Id realy like to see a version that works with utf-8 special characters.

Is the current version supposed to work with utf-8 special characters?

PS. Ill post a bug report later when I have one.

#561 2009-04-24 02:17:45

floodfish
Website

I’m unable to delete a keyword, one called “assorted sub”. I get the following error:
Updated 0 rows (“assorted sub”=>”“)

I am able to delete other keywords no problem. What’s special about this one perhaps is that it did have a redirect, and the redirect was later deleted.

How can I delete this keyword? (I poked around a little in PhpMyAdmin, but didn’t see anything obvious there.)

#562 2009-04-24 12:18:40

truist
Plugin Author
Website

whocares & agogo – I’ll add that to my list for the next version. the_ghost, thanks, I’ll try to figure out what you did :)

aswihart – I seem to have the same problem on my test site – tags with dashes don’t get the activeclass correctly. that doesn’t explain why “howy-tooy” works for you, but it does mean that I should be able to find it and fix it. I’ll do so for the next version – probably in the next few weeks.

floodfish – can you show me the site with the offending tag? I don’t have any good ideas as to why you might be having this problem, so I’m wondering if there isn’t something unusual about that tag (other than the space, which should be fine). Also, you might want to change your TXP logging level to ‘debug’ and do the delete again, and see if any error messages come back. tru_tags is just running a SQL query that modifies the Keywords field in Textpattern, so I can’t think of an obvious reason why that wouldn’t work.

#563 2009-05-03 04:13:14

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All – I am pleased to announce tru_tags v3.5. This release adds support for auto-completing tag names on the admin-side write tab (thanks to Jim Biancolo who provided the Javascript!), and also fixes a few bugs.

Please see the releases page for instructions to enable auto-complete. You’ll need the jQuery Autocomplete plugin.

The bugs that were fixed include:

• whocarez, the_ghost, Agogo: Fixed problems with multi-byte (utf-8, unicode, international) characters. If you run into any un-fixed problems, there is an option on the Extensions page that will allow you to turn off case-insensitivity, which should work around the problems (but you’ll have to type all your tag names with the same case)
  • the_ghost: Fixed a minor javascript problem that was causing issues on Opera (thank you!)
  • MagnusBerg: Fixed a few leftover sorting problems relating to tags with international characters
  • aswihart: Fixed a bug where the activeClass CSS class wasn’t being set correctly for tags-with-hyphens. Note that if you have two similar tags, like how-to and how to, the plugin will always set the activeClass on one and not the other, no matter which is selected.

#564 2009-05-03 07:53:17

merz1
Website

@Nathan FYI: I think it could be nice to look at smd_tags and maybe think about collaboration.

Stef, the smd_tags author, is working hard to implement the more complex tag situations I described some time/ages ago.

Also an effort to integrate tag features more into TXP core should be about time.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer