#1 2009-03-15 23:20:20

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

txp:page_title doesn't output image-type categories' title

1. I have simple template

<title><txp:page_title /></title>
<txp:category_list type="image"  />

2. When I click the link from image categories list (something like this – http://site.ru/category/03_OBJECT/) my page title containes only site_name – <title>Site name: </title>

3. If I go to any of article categories (http://site.ru/category/my_thoughts/ – <txp:page_title /> works great – @<title>Site name: My thoughts</title>

4. url-mode doesn’t affect this bug. It seems, that the bug reproduces for link and file categories.

5. 4.0.8 (r3115)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#2 2009-03-15 23:31:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: txp:page_title doesn't output image-type categories' title

the_ghost wrote:

It seems, that the bug reproduces for link and file categories.

I’m not sure it’s actually a bug — per se — as a ‘feature’ of the <txp:page_title /> tag. It’s just very article-centric.

If you could have solely a list of images/files/links in a template, you’d see the dreaded ‘page does not contain an article tag’ warning, which would scupper your chances of making any true image lists by category (unless you embedded the tags/gallery in an article, in which case you’d see the article category shown in the title!)

I don’t think this is avoidable unfortunately, but we’ll wait for the official word from a dev or someone who has a better knowledge of the system. Maybe you can use the <txp:category /> tag instead, inside a conditional, to detect this situation?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-03-15 23:33:14)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2009-03-15 23:35:38

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: txp:page_title doesn't output image-type categories' title

Bloke wrote to the_ghost:

Maybe you can use the <txp:category /> tag instead, inside a conditional, to detect this situation?

Of course, within textpattern i can if_check everything :) But I think, suspecting <txp:page_title /> output categery’s title is normal… And i was suprised a lot when got this :(

Last edited by the_ghost (2009-03-15 23:36:37)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer