Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-02-08 19:15:43

Paulius

[resolved] [Solved] Help. I have problem with mysql

I have Textpattern installed on the server. all exercised according to the instructions. but for me at the end of the problem.

Warning: Table ‘paulekas.textpattern’ doesn’t exist describe `textpattern` in /home/****/****/txp/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/****/txp/lib/txplib_db.php:82) in /home/niekorimto/niekorimto.gan.lt/txp/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1725

Warning: Table ‘paulekas.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_503’ in /home/****/****/txp/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Table ‘paulekas.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_default’ in /home/****/****/txp/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/****//txp/lib/txplib_db.php:82) in /home/****/****/txp/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1787

DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found.”

Please help me.

Last edited by Paulius (2009-02-08 19:18:16)

#2 2009-03-03 03:44:14

CWhite

Re: [resolved] [Solved] Help. I have problem with mysql

I am having the same problem.

I had TextPattern up and running, then decided to begin clean. I erased all the files, dropped the database, then re-copied the files and went through a clean install … got the same errors you did.

I’m working on localhost so I’ve deleted the site from the host, started a new one with a different name, dropped the DB, created another with a different name (using the DB admin privileges) and still get the error.

I’m sure there must be references to the old installation hanging around somewhere, but can’t find where. I’ve even tried deleting everything, rebooting, then re-installation … no luck.

I’d love to see a guru come up with an answer to this one.

Last edited by CWhite (2009-03-03 17:33:31)

#3 2009-03-03 05:18:52

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Did you get rid of your original config.php file? It needs to not be there for the installation to run properly.

#4 2009-03-03 13:30:00

CWhite

Yes, I’ve deleted the config.php file for each new try then recreated it when prompted.

#5 2009-03-04 21:28:54

CWhite

My intuition told me this problem was a “head thumper” … that is, one that will make me feel stupid when I figure it out. I was right.

It is with considerable embarrassment that I announce the solution.

Because, as part of the original installation I was directed to create config.php in the textpattern directory, I created a link/bookmark to that directory. When attempting to re-install, I used that link. WRONG!

Ultimately, I dropped the database and called the link to SETUP/index.php and the installation went perfectly, creating my database and running perfectly.

Please forgive my stupidity … and thanks for the help.

Board footer