Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#181 2009-03-03 03:18:56

robhert
Website

Re: smd_calendar: complete schedule / event / calendar / diary

Hi to all!

I don’t understand why my calendar (large) is showing First Day of march 2009 is Saturday!

See attached image: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5108/imagen1v.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

#182 2009-03-03 03:29:12

rsilletti

An example of your tag arrangement may help, and your time settings for time zone

I have varied my time zones thru the full range of settings and my calendar displays correctly with Sun Mar 1. I might try swapping out applied attributes to isolate the culprit, I’m using very few aside from the defaults so I would suspect you are using more than I.

Last edited by rsilletti (2009-03-03 03:39:57)

#183 2009-03-03 03:34:26

robhert
Website

Thanks for your answer, I have just this <txp:smd_calendar /> and my time zone is GMT -5. I have indicate it in my Admin panel. No where else.

Ideas?

#184 2009-03-03 03:41:41

rsilletti

No attributes and it is displaying this way?

I just nudged my plugin up to a clean current download and I can’t reproduce this.

Last edited by rsilletti (2009-03-03 03:49:13)

#185 2009-03-03 03:55:25

robhert
Website

Here is all I have in the page. Any ideas? I know it’s weird.. but why?

<!-- NEWS -->
   <div id="colmain2">
    <div id="calendar">
     <div id="event_calendar">
      <txp:smd_calendar />
	 </div>
	</div>
   </div>
   <!-- NEWS-->

#186 2009-03-03 05:16:55

rsilletti

If you have the most recent version plugged in it should work properly, there were some changes getting to this version that may have gotten under your radar – you might try reloading it. Wish I could help you more here.

#187 2009-03-03 09:23:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

robhert wrote:

I don’t understand why my calendar (large) is showing First Day of march 2009 is Saturday!

Can’t look into it today, but from what Rick says (being a fellow timezone shiftee) I’d suspect it’s not solely TXP’s GMT offset causing this. My guess — and it is a guess, since I can’t reproduce it here either — is one or both of:

1. Your server is in a different location to you, or is set to a different time zone to your TXP install. Is there a way for you to check this?
  2. One or both of your server/TXP install are using DST. Pehaps they’re both set to use it (giving a 2-hour offset, which might be enough to confuse the calendar rendering routine) or one is on and the other isn’t

In order to eliminate (or prove) the server as a problem, try using a MAMP/XAMP installation on your own machine. Try cloning your TXP install locally and see if the results are different.

If it works on your own machine then maybe the plugin needs to use TXP’s time zone and not PHP’s (aka the server’s) time zone after all, in case the server is somewhere else or set differently by your hoster *sigh*. Alternatively, I might be able to supply a plugin option so you can overcome this kind of thing and choose whichever method works!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#188 2009-03-03 14:46:07

robhert
Website

Thanks to all.

I know it is weird. But today it is ok! I have do nothing. So it’s so weird. Check out the image please: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?b19e717315.png

:S

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

EDIT: Sorry, Now you can see in BIG :D

Last edited by robhert (2009-03-03 15:28:05)

#189 2009-03-03 15:17:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

robhert wrote:

I know it is weird. But today it is ok! I have do nothing. So it’s so weird.

Aha, in that case it’s not weird. It’s totally the plugin’s fault. I thought I’d fixed that behaviour.

It’s the days that are being generated wrongly. Notice in the first image they start on ‘Sab’ and in the tiny tiny(!) 2nd image they start on ‘Dom’? I noticed this — or at least something very similar — a couple of months ago. Between 11pm and midnight, local time, on the last day of any month that has 31 days, any event that was scheduled for that day was shifted into the next/previous day (or the day names were rendered incorrectly). In the race against time to find the cure — I had one hour before it ‘corrected’ itself! — I traced it to a known feature (ahem) in a PHP function, which I changed to work around it.

I thought that was the end of it, but perhaps not… please do me a favour and check tonight around the same time you did last night and see if it renders wrongly again. If it is wrong, check at what “time” (your time) it corrects itself. That might give me a clue what to test in the code. Thanks.

P.S. also, what versions of PHP/MySQL are you using?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-03-03 15:19:06)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#190 2009-03-03 15:33:17

robhert
Website

Hi Stef, thanks.

The image is correct now. I’ll try to stay awake and see if I have the same… :D

Here are the PHP and MySQL versions:

Apache 2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.0.67-community
i686
Linux

Thanks for your time.

#191 2009-03-10 16:13:41

woof

I’m using <txp:smd_article_event /> and time=“future” to display a list of current and upcoming events, however it seems that articles where the date posted has passed but date expired is still in the future (ie spanned events) are not included in the output – is there any way around this? The behaviour I need is for the article to disappear once the expired date has passed as opposed to the posted date. cheers

#192 2009-03-13 15:00:13

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

v0.42 is out [ uncompressed ]

Features:

• datefields added (thanks merz1 / progre55 /woof)
  • added date ranges and allspanned (thanks woof)
  • fixed remap (thanks Els)
  • fixed empty classes and class name padding (thanks jakob)

This is an interim release. More to come when I get time.

Board footer