Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2009-02-22 17:17:15

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_versioning

the_ghost schrieb:

Spent an hour untill didn’t checked this thread and recognized – it doesn’t work in php4 :( Does supporting for php4 needs a lot of code rewrite?

The plugin uses the glob function, which is only implemented in php version 4.3.0 and greater. So this is something that can be solved quite easily. I hope I can release an update the next days. ;)

#50 2009-02-22 18:55:55

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

TXP requires PHP 4.3 or higher, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

#51 2009-02-22 20:51:45

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks ruud, it’s the file_put_contents function, which is only supported since php5…

Fixed it in version 1.0.7!

Last edited by chriloi (2009-02-22 21:02:13)

#52 2009-02-23 11:40:11

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Still no working – in admin side it writes that directories are used (but they css, pages, forms dirs are empty), than i agree with misterious rewritng, recieve coformmation that css, pages, forms where written. But in ftp i don’t see any files. Ocosionally somebody opened my site in this moment and all forms,pages,css where deleted :) It was luck that i had exported them 1 minute ago with hcg_templates :)

1. Working in php4 is still under question
  2. Some security backup is nessesary if using this plugin on live site. Now I can’t imaging how it should work, but if it was, it was good :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#53 2009-02-24 06:29:47

isaacsu

Hi. cnk_versioning works well for me so far.

I just have a question about creating new templates while cnk_versioning is enabled.

When I create a new .txp file in /pages/ that wasn’t originally written out by cnk_versioning,
is it meant to automatically show up under the “Uses page” in the Site Sections? Or do I have to manually import it some how?

Thanks.

#54 2009-02-24 06:46:06

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

You import it by loading a page on the public side of your site, when the sites production status is Testing or Debugging. Merely loading a single page in your browser triggers cnk_versioning to check the file system for new and updated templates.

In practice, this means you can save your changes and view the results immediately in your browser by reloading the page.

If you use asy_jpcache, things are a little more complicated, but not much.

Since asy_jpcache caches your site, reloading the page will not trigger cnk_versioning to re-import your templates— it will use the cached version if available. You can force the cache to refresh by editing and saving an article with the site in Testing or Debugging mode, and this will trigger cnk_versioning to grab new and revised templates from the file system. I usually add a non-printing space character to accomplish this. There might be an easier way.

Last edited by johnstephens (2009-02-24 06:47:51)

#55 2009-02-24 07:02:17

isaacsu

Thanks for such a prompt reply, John.

I was wondering if there was any way to trigger the ‘update’ mechanism of cnk_versioning when I click on the “Section” tab under “Presentation”.
All I’m really looking for is the new template files appearing in the “Uses page” dropdown box without having to reload a public page.

#56 2009-03-18 11:11:49

Leithen

Christian – thank you for an excellent plugin. I’ve managed to get it working across two macs, each with MAMP installs and using Dropbox to sync the folders (including images etc). Too soon to see how Dropbox will cope with revisions, but much greater ease of editing in Coda too.

#57 2009-07-01 17:55:29

FireFusion

Anyone got this working with rvm_css yet?

#58 2009-07-01 23:14:49

smdnetau
Website

FireFusion wrote:

Anyone got this working with rvm_css yet?

No problems here. rvm_css writes the css file to the location of your choosing so it shouldn’t interrupt the workings of cnk_versioning.

#59 2009-07-02 01:05:04

maniqui
Website

^^ but rvm_css doesn’t pick up changes on the CSS files, so, afaik, once you modified the file on the filesystem, although now that I think about it, it could be that, once you disable cnk_versioning, the CSS editor page will pick up the latest version on the DB, which should be the one saved last time by cnk_versioning… it seems to be like some kind of triangulation.

In any case, I think it doesn’t make sense to use rvm_css and cnk_versioning in tandem… think about it…
rvm_css is a plugin that let you edit stylesheets on TXP interface, but serve them as a static file. It’s not a plugin just to serve static files, because in that case, it’s better to just hardcode your stylesheet links.

So, if you want to use cnk_versioning to version CSS files which then, once they are modified, will be saved into the database again, and are going to be served from the database, not from the static CSS file (which you only need to be able to work with versioning systems).

So, if you are going to server CSS files from filesystem, but want to use cnk_versioning to edit them, then you may not need rvm_css, imho. Link directly (just using plain html) to your files.

BTW, ruud said this

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#60 2009-08-23 03:30:58

smdnetau
Website

I don’t know if this has anything to do with being on a new host but the owner/group for all the files cnk_versioning writes is set to ‘99’. Because of this I can’t save any edits or even change the permissions. Is there any way to allow for an option to accept the account name as the owner?

Board footer