Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2009-02-15 01:20:26

els

Re: Feedback on the Textpattern 4.0.8 release

std, draganbabic

This happened to me a year ago :) Does ruud’s answer help you?

#38 2009-02-15 12:48:50

std

Els wrote:

This happened to me a year ago :) Does ruud’s answer help you?

Nope. Don’t have rvm_maintenance plugin. Besides, TXP says “clean url test failed” only, but not any further detail about the reason.

Edit: Even if all plugins are inactive the diagnosis result remains the same.

Last edited by std (2009-02-15 12:55:57)

#39 2009-02-26 00:47:22

LFGabel

I just upgraded from 4.0.6 to 4.0.8 and the site is broken, with the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 555

I tried to roll back, but the site wouldn’t operate after that.

Is there a way to fix this?

I’m also getting the “clean_url_data_failed” message in diagnostics.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I tracked this bug down to the “plugin cache directory path” (in Preferences/Advanced) being set with no external plugin php files in the directory. The code checks to see if the “plugin cache directory path” variable is set (in my case it was), then checks to see if the directory exists (again, in my case it was). It does not check to see if the glob($dir.’*.php’) function returns null. So, the foreach() choked on the null.

The simple fix is to remove the path in the “plugin cache directory path” field. However, there should be a check for a null there anyway.

This also removed the “clean_url_data_failed” message in diagnostics as well.

Last edited by LFGabel (2009-02-26 01:42:20)

#40 2009-02-26 05:42:00

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

This was fixed in r3088 for the next release.

#41 2009-03-24 00:58:28

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

I assume this is related to 4.0.8, since it started the day after my otherwise successful and easy-as-always upgrade. I started seeing URLs like the following being accessed, displayed in my logs:

article/​textmate-​gtd?​file=%2Fusers%2Fhome%2FMYUSERNAME%2Fweb%2Fpublic%2Findex.​php

And in fact any address I access is rewritten from its normal form “article/textmate-gtd” to a string like the above. I don’t recall seeing this at the time I upgraded, but it must coincide.

So, I turned off zem_redirect pro, and this all stopped — clean URLs back to normal. Has anyone else encountered this? I suppose I’m okay with leaving zem_redirect turned off, but I wonder about losing permalinks that haven’t been re-spidered recently.

-Alan

#42 2009-04-14 10:26:48

NickCaldwell
Website

My old friend, “Can’t post for x because the server reported an error: problem_creating_article” is back, post-upgrade to 4.0.8. Arrg.

When I try to bring up a post list in MarsEdit, the error log shows that there’s no payload in the response to “metaWeblog.getRecentPosts”, just empty XML. It seems to return results for metaWeblog.getCategories though.

#43 2009-11-11 08:09:30

ollieclubb
Website

Hello All
I just moved a site to a HostEurope Virtual Server running PHP 5.2.10 and I got the following error.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 555

Thanks to draganbabic and LFGabel for your posts

The problem was that the glob function was not working on the new server so plugins were not being loaded. I didn’t roll back the complete txplib_misc.php to 4.0.7 as draganbabic mentioned as this led to new errors. I just replaced the glob function with the the lines from v4.0.7 that load plugins from the plugin dir. See below.

I hope this helps anyone who can’t do a full upgrade to a newer release!

Big thanks to ALL the Textpattern devs, admins and everyone here on the forum! :-)

code from /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php 4.0.7
555  if (!is_dir($dir)) {
		$dir = realpath(txpath.DS.$dir);
		if($dir) $dir = rtrim($dir, DS) . DS;
	}
	$dh = @opendir($dir);
	while ($dh and false !== ($f = @readdir($dh))) {
		if ($f{0} != '.')
	        load_plugin(basename($f, '.php'));
563	}

@end@

Last edited by ollieclubb (2009-11-11 08:20:08)

Board footer