Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-02-11 19:01:43

jwilder

[resolved] [Solved] Returning Textpattern user needs help with install

I used textpattern since nearly the beginning up until a year and a half ago and loved it over movabletype and wordpress. I am starting a new website and want to use textpattern but I am stuck at the install stage.

My host is mediatemple and I am on the grid service.

I followed the directions:
1. Downloaded the files, unzipped them, and uploaded them to my site according to the directions (piece of cake).
2. I created a mySQL database (something I have done many times before, easy)
3. Went to my url to setup, selected the language I use, and then the next step is where everything goes downhill.

I know how to fill out everything, from the login, password, server (hostname) and database. I understand and followed the directions, which were well written.

When I submit that information to get to the config.php file step of the install, I get php errors 178 and 180. When I click on the error, I am told the config.php file is “missing or corrupt” and to visit “textpattern/setup/”

Is there something I am doing wrong or are the files trying to find something that is not there. Or is there an addition step I should be doing that’s typical with mediatemple hosting?

I logged three hours last night looking through this forum and google trying to find the answer yet have come up with a solution.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Last edited by jwilder (2009-02-11 19:02:41)

#2 2009-02-11 21:45:01

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: [resolved] [Solved] Returning Textpattern user needs help with install

So, how exactly do these PHP errors 178 and 180 error look like? Where do you click to proceed from the error message?

#3 2009-02-12 00:23:22

jwilder

@Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /nfs/c01/h03/mnt/9067/domains/jasonwilder.org/html/textpattern/setup/index.php on line 178

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /nfs/c01/h03/mnt/9067/domains/jasonwilder.org/html/textpattern/setup/index.php on line 180
Can’t connect to database

the “[function.mysql-connect]” is a link to a page that says this:

“config.php is missing or corrupt. To install Textpattern, visit textpattern/setup/”

#4 2009-02-12 05:01:18

jwilder

Just figured it out. The guide Mediatemple uses lists the database hostname wrong. myPHPadmin had the correct hostname.

Board footer