You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » export plugin

#1 2004-08-10 18:13:28

Andrew
Plugin Author

export plugin

Disclaimer: the subject of this thread is a bit misleading; this isn’t regarding a plugin for exporting something… I guess it should have been titled “exporting plugins.”

This may have already been discussed or covered somewhere in the forum, but I’ve searched and turned up nothing. Basically what I’ve run into is annoyances with the current plugin system. Installation is a breeze, and clever! However, development can be very non-linear and sometimes I end up taking a few steps back in order to go forward.

What I am referring to is the TXP template plugin that we must use for distribution. It is self-explanatory and works ok, but I end up just shortcutting in order to save myself endless escaping single quotes, re-saving, & installing.

What I tend to do is to just fill in everything without the code for the plugin, and then install. I’ll use a ‘sandbox’ for development and simply write code & develop directly out of the plugin code window -> save.

But when I’m finished with the plugin code, there is the requirement to go back to the template and rework the code again, stripping single quotes etc & then reexport. It seems that a nice ‘Export’ (for distribution) button in the plugin interface would be brilliant. Am I missing something and making life way harder? Does anyone have a better development method?

Last edited by compooter (2004-08-10 18:42:10)

#2 2004-08-10 19:28:04

Kaiser
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: export plugin

I’ve only built one, but this is pretty much how I do it too.

I was also thinking that there should be an easier way.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » export plugin

Board footer