Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-08-03 14:55:56

indent
Website

[issue] Cateogory Tree Corruption

I starting nesting sub-categories inside a parent category “web”, then later changed the name of “web” to “web design”. Doing so broke the tree, and I couldn’t see any of the nested categories any more. I messed around in phpMyAdmin for a while, but couldn’t get them to resurface (probably needed to ditch all lft and rgt values, then rebuild the trees).

Eventually, I had to delete all categories and start again. I’d call this a bug :)

VC#72, waiting patiently for /section/category/article-title/ based URLs :)

#2 2004-08-03 15:26:26

marco

Re: [issue] Cateogory Tree Corruption

This is a typical case of a database update anomaly. It happens when the database integrity rules are not implemented properly or when the table relationships are not properly enforced via primary key references.

This problem and its solution were pointed out before in this forum (but the issue does not seem to be fixed).

#3 2004-08-03 16:03:22

jason
Website

is this something that’s fixed with _update.php?

#4 2005-11-25 07:36:34

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

this is still a bug, as of 4.0.2 (albeit not that serious – it doesn’t corrupt the listing totally). try to make category C a subcategory of X. then rename X to B and at the same time make it a subcategory of A. all the C-level categories are now no longer listed under B but here and there in the tree (can’t see the logic visually).

expected behaviour:

<code>- A
— B (renamed from X)
—- C
…</code>

actual behaviour:

<code>- A
— B

- C</code>

Last edited by Anton (2005-11-25 07:37:34)

Board footer