Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#481 2008-11-14 02:02:51

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

@cbeyls: You can already change the message by editing the zem_contact_lang plugin. You’ll want to change the value for the spam member of the $lang array.

Last edited by Logoleptic (2008-11-14 02:03:44)

#482 2008-11-14 17:53:05

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, I know how to translate the plugin.

What I want to do is trigger a form RELOAD in case of a spam.

When there is spam, the form is not shown, only the message. And the form expires too, so the user can’t just hit the back button and try again. A new captcha must be generated.

I really need this function to implement my antispam plugin, it works great with the textpattern comments but I can’t integrate it in zem_contact_reborn because of this limitation.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#483 2008-11-14 17:59:45

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

By the way, the plugin I’m writing is a Mollom plugin. Mollom is the best antispam service I know, and thanks to my plugin it’s now available in Textpattern too.

I’ve not released it officially yet because I want to make the zem_contact_reborn integration fully part of it. Currently what I do is that I put the message to trash only if Mollom is 100% sure it’s spam, but when Mollom is unsure like it is most of the time when it’s spam, I should be able to trigger a form reload and display a captcha.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#484 2008-11-14 18:08:22

els

cbeyls wrote:

Hi zem_contact_reborn developers (tranquillo in particular),

tranquillo’s last post was in March last year ;) As far as I know at the moment ruud is the only one developing this plugin. You might want to contact him directly about this.

#485 2008-11-14 20:21:22

keukenkikker
Website

I’ve installed this plugin with TP version 4.0.6, but when I use the zem_contact_reborn I receive the following error message after sending the message. The whole screen is messed up. I’ve installed TP and this plugin on the same server several times and the others are running fine.

tag_error <txp:zem_contact to=“info@wizardwise.nl”> -> Notice: Undefined variable: zemSubscriberEmail on line 664

bab_pm_zemcontact_submit()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:610 call_user_func()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:133 callback_event()
textpattern/publish.php:970 zem_contact()
processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:929 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1460 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:714 parse_form()
textpattern/publish.php:826 doArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:519 parseArticles()

Thanks for any advice!

——
I deactivated the postmaster plugin, this solved the problem. What is left is to solve the problem I have with Postmaster ….

Last edited by keukenkikker (2008-11-15 09:30:01)

#486 2008-11-14 20:28:16

Destry
Website

cbeyls wrote:

Mollom is the best antispam service I know, and thanks to my plugin it’s now available in Textpattern too. … I’ve not released it officially yet because I want to make the zem_contact_reborn integration fully part of it.

Your plugins are always quality, Christian, and being I had spam like I do, this one would be a nice addition.

#487 2008-11-14 21:50:54

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

cbeyls wrote:

By the way, the plugin I’m writing is a Mollom plugin. Mollom is the best antispam service I know, and thanks to my plugin it’s now available in Textpattern too.

That definitely sounds interesting. I look forward to learning more about it. :-)

#488 2008-11-14 22:28:12

gomedia
Plugin Author

cbeyls wrote:

What I want to do is trigger a form RELOAD

What a coincidence – a form reload trigger is what I would need as well to implement some sort of required field combination plugin as per my query a few days ago. Customisable error messages would be very handy too!

#489 2008-11-15 00:05:43

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m glad to see some interest in my plugin :)

Actually it’s impossible to implement any captcha plugin for zem_contact_reborn properly without a form reload. Because you must always give another chance to the visitor to enter the right captcha, without having to fill the form again.

I mentioned tranquillo because he wrote the antispam plugin API of zem_contact_reborn. I could modify the code of zem_contact_reborn myself but I would like to share this with the community, that’s why I posted the request here.

Currently I receive lots of spam through my contact form, and very few through article comments. That’s mainly because since one of the latest releases of Textpattern, the article comments form name includes a random ID, while the contact form of zem_contact_reborn still has a fixed name. It would also be a great idea if someone could implement the same mechanism of random id used by the comments form in zem_contact_reborn, that would limit spam alot.

As for my plugin, here’s what I’ve implemented so far: you can enter you Mollom public and private keys in the configuration page and choose to enable or disable the optional zem_contact_reborn integration. Then, it submits the comments to the Mollom service. If the comment is identified as spam, it is immediately marked as spam by Textpattern and not published. If it is identified as ham, it is automatically published (unless you activated the manual validation of every comment of course). Finally, if Mollom is unsure, my plugin shows both a visual and audio captcha. If you don’t answer correctly, a new captcha is displayed. If you answer correctly, the comment is published. I’ve also implemented a new panel in the admin section where you can check if your Mollom keys are valid and you can see some statistics about spam and ham on your website. The Mollom server list is stored in the Textpattern settings database and reloaded automatically when Mollom asks it.

Finally, there is an optional zem_contact_reborn integration. I would like to do the same thing as for the comments form bu I can’t, because there is currently no way to reload the contact form. So, for the moment, it only blocks obvious spam but doesn’t show any captcha. The problem is, most of the spam is tagged as unsure by Mollom and my plugin cannot block this kind of spam for the moment because of the limitation of the antispam API in zem_contact_reborn.

One last thing: my plugin requires PHP5. It should not be a problem for most people I think.

#490 2008-11-17 12:55:18

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

A RELOAD can be created already, but not by using the callback. Modifying the callback would break all the plugins that currently depend on it, but if you imitate what the various ZCR tags do if the user supplies invalid input, then you’ll get what you want.

#491 2008-11-17 15:16:27

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Ruud, spam plugins are loaded after the invalid input check, so there is no way to simulate an invalid input from a spam plugin without modifying the original ZCR code, I’ve already checked that, that’s why I would like the code to be changed so other users would also benefit from it.

The API is currently fairly simple:

$evaluator =& get_zemcontact_evaluator();
$evaluator->add_zemcontact_status(1);

One way to modify the API can be creating another instance of the evaluator object for form reload, but from another method, like this:

$evaluator =& get_zemcontact_reload_evaluator();
$evaluator->add_zemcontact_status(1);

The original evaluator would have a greater priority than the reload evaluator. This way we don’t break anything in the current API and the evaluator class can be reused.

Another simpler way to do it would be:

global $zem_contact_error;
$zem_contact_error[] = "The CAPTCHA answer was incorrect. Please try again.";

This is to simulate an invalid form input. But like I said, the ZCR code needs to be modified so that the $zem_contact_error array is checked again after the spam plugins are loaded.

Could you change the code to do that?

#492 2008-11-18 13:01:14

tye
Website

I’m having a problem with styling checkbox labels

When I use <txp:zem_contact_email /> or <txp:zem_contact_text /> I get something like the following output:

<p><label for="Email" class="zemText zemRequired Email">EMAIL ADDRESS *</label><input type="text" id="Email" class="zemText zemRequired" name="Email" value="" maxlength="100" /></p>

But when I use <txp:zem_contact_checkbox />

<p><input type="checkbox" id="NEWSLETTER" class="zemCheckbox zemRequired" name="NEWSLETTER" /><label for="NEWSLETTER" class="zemCheckbox zemRequired NEWSLETTER">NEWSLETTER</label></p>

The label tag is reversed, it comes before the input type in the first example and after the input type in the second.

I want all labels to come before the input type – how do you do that?

Board footer