Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-11-11 03:01:05

redpen

Categories Tab = None exist.

I’ve broken categories and could use a pointer…

Under Content, Categories I have “None exist” for all categories. Under Content, Write I have no category dropdowns under Sort and Display but the section dropdown is okay.

I can create a new category and get an acknowledgment that it is created, but still “None exist” and no dropdowns. Using DB Manager I see that table txp_category contains the category. I can display the category on a page using txp:category_list.

I see this code for Sort and Display for section, but source does not show a comparable line for category. I don’t know where this is generated.
<select id="section" name="Section" class="list">

I broke this so long ago I can’t remember exactly what I did, but it would have been an “innocent” mistake on the admin side.

I’m using 4.0.6.

Thanks for ideas.

Scott

#2 2008-11-11 15:27:42

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Categories Tab = None exist.

• Have you modified Textpattern’s core files?
  • Try to repair txp_category-table (in Textpattern MySQL database) with some db admin tool, in example with phpmyadmin or compatible.

#3 2008-11-11 16:14:43

redpen

Re: Categories Tab = None exist.

Thanks for the reply Gocom.
I have not modified the core files.
I have repaired txp_category using the DB Manager plugin. (Is that what you mean by txp_category-table?) I have also deleted all records from txp_category (0 records, 0 data usage) and re-added test categories.
No luck.
Do you know if Sort and Display and the Categories Tab share a core file?

Board footer