Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Wow, it’s working! Thanks!

#470 2008-11-04 12:21:32

maniqui
Website

Sharon,
maybe you prefer to disable just for that particular txp:title so you can try using the attribute no_widow

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#471 2008-11-10 11:54:02

Gallex

is it possible to open a form in a popup window, like comments do?
there is a link and if i click it – the form in popup window opens

#472 2008-11-10 16:09:10

Destry
Website

I’m trying this plugin for the first time, believe it or not. I don’t need anything fancy, but I do like the idea of having the user-selectable subject field, which is talked about in the plugin help under “Advanced examples.”

To be honest, I did not understand the instructions as they are written for that advanced section, and I did not have much luck getting the form to look and work properly when following them. I was seeing two contact forms (one nested in the other) when trying, with one having the subject field and the other not.

Finally, I just did what I thought made sense to do under the basic use. I created a single form containing the following fields I wanted:

<txp:zem_contact_text label="Name" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_email /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_select label="Subject" list="...select...,Job offer,Article comment, Site feedback, General inquiry" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Message" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_submit label="Send" />

I then simply called it in my contact page using:

<txp:zem_contact to="username@domain.tld" form="mContactForm" /> 

The result seems to work fine, as tested here. (I’ve yet to style the form like I want or add pap cleaner, but…)

So, either I’m using the form wrong (or perhaps insecurely) or the help is overly complicated/confusing with regard to user-selectable field and could use a revision.

Am I using the form correctly?

Ed. I just realized I’m tripping over my own words. I simply wanted the subject-selectable aspect of that field, not any mutliple email associations implied with “user-selectable”. So, I think I’m OK as I’m using the form, but I can’t say for the docs either way; still seems confusing for me there.

Last edited by Destry (2008-11-10 16:36:22)

#473 2008-11-10 16:44:25

maniqui
Website

Hi Destry,

I’m trying this plugin for the first time

Hard to believe, really!

I think your current form (the code you posted) is fine, it will work, and you will get a “Subject:” on the body of emails. But the email will have, as subject, just a “Wion > Inquiry” (or whatever you set on zem_contact_lang plugin).

Then, I think the example posted on plug-in help is for having the subject on the email subject (that is, as a real subject).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#474 2008-11-10 17:51:42

Destry
Website

Destry wrote:

Ed. I just realized I’m tripping over my own words. I simply wanted the subject-selectable aspect of that field, not any mutliple email associations implied with “user-selectable”. So, I think I’m OK as I’m using the form, but I can’t say for the docs either way; still seems confusing for me there.

I see I’m still stumbling too; confusing the selectable subject help with the selectable recipient help.

Thanks, Maniqui, I think I see what you’re saying. If one follows what the help is trying to suggest, then the subject text will be whatever the user selects as the subject, right? Going back to the help and rereading, I don’t see that differentiation being made clear there, but otherwise I think it’s looking better. Now if my site would just unfreeze so I could try and fix it.

#475 2008-11-10 22:19:00

Destry
Website

I found where I was going wrong with the instructions when initially trying the advanced “User Selectable Subject” method. It does not make the distinction pointed out by sir Maniqui, and the example code does not reflect a call tag having both the form="" and subject_form="" attributes indicated. I was just following it face value and thus missing the form="" attribute like this:

<txp:zem_contact to="example@domain.tld" form="mContactForm" subject_form="mSubjectForm" />

Not meaning to irritate ruud further, I humbly offer (take it, stake it, or edit as seen fit) the following rewrite to the plugin’s instructions for the advanced selectable subject field section, including the following header for that section too. Overall it’s not much longer but I think makes it more clear. (I favored demonstrating it using a Txp form, because I think that’s how most would do it eventually, if not initially.)
——————-start

Selectable Subject Field

You can add a selectable subject field to your contact form to function in one of two ways.

First is to simply add the zem_contact_select tag to the basic zem contact form. The advantage here is you only need one Txp form (instead of two), but a minor drawback is the subject text is added in the email’s message body, not in the email’s subject field.

This would be in your Txp form (e.g., mContactForm, where “m” indicates a “misc” type form):

<txp:zem_contact_email /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_select label="Subject" list="...select...,Question,Feedback" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Message" /><br />
<txp:zem_contact_submit label="Send" />

And this would be used in your page template to call the form content:

<txp:zem_contact to="example@domain.tld" form="mContactForm" />

Alternatively, you could add the subject_form attribute to the call tag and use it to designate a second Txp form that defines placing the text of the selected subject in the email’s subject field location.

This would be your new call tag:

<txp:zem_contact to="example@domain.tld" form="mContactForm" subject_form="mSubjectForm" />

And this would be the contents of the second form (i.e., mSubjectForm):

<txp:php>
  global $zem_contact_form;
  echo $zem_contact_form['Subject'];
</txp:php>

If you prefer to add a common prefix for all subjects, use a subject form containing:

<txp:php>
  global $zem_contact_form;
  echo 'My common prefix - ' . $zem_contact_form['Choose Subject'];
</txp:php>

———————-end

P.S. Note the manner in which the zem_contact_select tag is exampled, using label="Subject" list="...select...,Question,Feedback", which arguably renders in a slightly more attractive/usable way. Though this is a trivial point, and I might be overlooking something there anyway.

Last edited by Destry (2008-11-10 22:25:56)

#476 2008-11-11 18:24:18

Joey

Is it possible to add a title attribute to the label?

Regards,

Joey

#477 2008-11-12 05:04:11

gomedia
Plugin Author

Is it possible to specify required field combinations or dependencies? For example:

- at least one of: email, phone, mobile required

- if phone supplied then best_time_to_call is required

Thanks,

Adi

#478 2008-11-12 17:22:14

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

@gomedia: I’m pretty sure you’d have to use JavaScript for that kind of thing. I mean, it’s possible to do it server-side but not with ZCR.

#479 2008-11-13 14:05:20

Gallex

can anybvody help me to make the form open in popup? i have a little product page where products are under different sections, that’s why i need that form to open separately in popup window

#480 2008-11-14 00:16:18

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi zem_contact_reborn developers (tranquillo in particular),

When are you planning to add an option to the antispam API that allows to reload the contact form a maybe show a custom warning message? I need this option to display a CAPTCHA. If the user enters the wrong answer, he should be able to try again with another captcha instead of getting the “sorry we don’t accept spam” message.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

Board footer