Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-10-08 17:36:17

datafirm
Archived Plugin Author
Website

gmt tz offset bug in 4.0.3

We are having an issue where the tz offset is not calculated correctly and it’s causing articles to show as the previous day when it hits a certain time in the afternoon.

We are not able to upgrade, so I was curious if someone recalls when this bug was fixed and what needs to be changed to make us of PHP 5 date functions?

TIA

#2 2008-10-08 17:43:05

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: gmt tz offset bug in 4.0.3

Why can’t you upgrade? I’m asking mainly because of the security bugs that have been fixed in recent versions. 4.0.3 is over 2 years old.

I don’t remember when this timezone bug was fixed, but the code for the <txp:posted /> tag is in the textpattern/publish/taghandler.php file and you may also want to have a look at the safe_strftime function in textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php, which does most of the timezone offset calculations.

#3 2008-10-08 18:04:40

datafirm
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: gmt tz offset bug in 4.0.3

ruud wrote:

Why can’t you upgrade? I’m asking mainly because of the security bugs that have been fixed in recent versions. 4.0.3 is over 2 years old.

I don’t remember when this timezone bug was fixed, but the code for the <txp:posted /> tag is in the textpattern/publish/taghandler.php file and you may also want to have a look at the safe_strftime function in textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php, which does most of the timezone offset calculations.

We have a highly customized version of textpattern and we do not have time to tes the upgrades right now. I’ll take a look at the security upgrades and see about making the update!

We have swapped out the safe_strftime function and nothing seems to have changed yet.

Board footer