Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-08-29 14:22:18

nathansmart
Website

My excerpts aren't fitting into the content box correctly...

Okay, I know that title doesn’t make sense but I don’t know how to word this!

My site is here.

Right now, if you look under the banner, each box that you see (there are 12 total) are actually entries. I just deleted the title, the body and the author name. In the first box, you’ll see an image and that is my just the excerpt of the article. What I want to do is make each blog entry be just an excerpt (as an image) and when you click on the image, it’ll take you to the post. Right now the background is gray but when I’m finished with the settings it will be black so you won’t even see the box.

Okay, now that that’s clear, here’s my problem:

I can’t seem to find the setting that will make the excerpt fit in the box perfectly. Maybe it won’t be able to, and if that’s the case, I’ll still be okay, I’ll just offset the boxes and make the images appear where I want them to. I just wanted to make it work without having to “ducktape it” if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

http://www.nathansmart.com

#2 2008-08-31 00:22:08

uli

Re: My excerpts aren't fitting into the content box correctly...

nathansmart wrote:

What I want to do is make each blog entry be just an excerpt (as an image) <snip> I can’t seem to find the setting that will make the excerpt fit in the box perfectly.

Nathan, I don’t understand your problem: What fits snuglier into boxes/divs/ a grid than images? Or have I misinterpreted something by shortening your post?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer