Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-08-23 20:51:49

RoyLatham

Tag error using Life Template

I am a newbie to TxP, and definitely perplexed. The default TxP installation seemed to work. Then I installed the Life template, and have not been able to get it to work on my site . Attempts to access any article by clicking on the title link produces the error:

Tag error: -> Textpattern Notice: Page template archive does not contain a txp:article tag on line 474

and the the not found message. Other archive references from the site produce the same errors. The control panel works fine.

I have double-checked the template installation step-by-step and made minor fixes like changing /images to ./images to support operation from a subdirectory. I tried installation in the root directory on a different site and get the same error. I have searched the FAQs and tried posting on the template author’s site. So far, no luck.

Any suggestions? One thought is that the two plug-ins need some modification to work with 4.0.6, … but I am grasping at straws.

One thing that would in general be helpful would be knowing how to trace line numbers back to a line of code in a particular file. Is there a posting somewhere on how to do that? I cannot find one.

Last edited by RoyLatham (2008-08-23 20:54:03)

#2 2008-08-23 22:33:02

jstubbs
Website

Re: Tag error using Life Template

Seems to be an error with the template itself. If you look at the error message, it is telling you that the txp:article tag does not exist in the archive page, which is correct – I downloaded it and the tag is not there. Compare the archive page with the default page and you will see.

You can either set your section preferences to use the default page, or change the archive page to include a txp:article tag call.

<txp:article limit="5" />

<txp:if_individual_article> <p><txp:link_to_prev><txp:prev_title /></txp:link_to_prev> <txp:link_to_next><txp:next_title /> </txp:link_to_next></p>
<txp:else /> <p><txp:older><txp:text item=“older” /></txp:older> <txp:newer><txp:text item=“newer” /></txp:newer></p>
</txp:if_individual_article>

The above is from the default page. Adjust your archive page as per your needs – but include the article tag.

Also note that you have to adjust your style sheets to the sub directory install. Instead of ./images, you can use /blog/images. Depends on your needs.

#3 2008-08-24 07:12:39

RoyLatham

Re: Tag error using Life Template

Very helpful. Thank you!

For others interested in this template, I should note some other problems encountered in addition to the image and feed paths and the site_name variable:

1. The switcher feature produces a garbled display when switched away from the default setting.

2. The default-skin.css should be put in the subdirectory that has TxP, for example http://www.mysite.com/blog/default-skin.css

3. The default skin attributes are applied to the main page, but so far I have not gotten them to apply to the individual article page.

Last edited by RoyLatham (2008-08-29 21:45:59)

Board footer