Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#385 2008-08-18 19:30:45

dreamer

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

I have the word, “contact” appearing on my contact form here . How do I get rid of that text?

#386 2008-08-18 19:37:27

nabrown78
Website

In your stylesheet, add the rule legend {display:none;}

#387 2008-08-18 23:50:35

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Or better: set label="" in the zem_contact tag.

#388 2008-08-19 01:29:33

nabrown78
Website

Honest question – I was always leaving the legend in the code there because I thought people using screen readers find it helpful. Maybe this is misguided? Or now that I think about it, do screen readers even acknowledge elements with display set to none? Sorry…pretty off topic.

Thanks for your plugin and your help ruud!

#389 2008-08-19 07:41:50

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

That would make sense, leaving it there for people with screen readers… but I guess that depends on how the screen reader works (I’ve never used one).

#390 2008-08-19 22:08:44

dreamer

Why do I get this error message when filling out the form?

*  Required field, “Full Name”, is missing.
    * Required field, “Email”, is missing.
    * Required field, “Phone”, is missing.
    * Required field, “Message”, is missing.
Customer Inquiry Form
    * The form was already submitted, please fill out a new form.

#391 2008-08-19 22:58:04

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

dreamer wrote:

Why do I get this error message when filling out the form?

The “missing” messages appear when a required field isn’t filled in. Remember that fields are required by default, and making them optional requires setting the “required” attribute to 0:

<txp:zem_contact_text label="Home Phone" name="h-phone" required="0" />

The “already submitted” error has to do with the way ZCR uses nonces to fight spam. If you’re using zem_contact_reborn together with asy_jpcache, use this compatibility plugin as well to avoid the “already submitted” error. Be sure to follow all the compatibility plugin’s instructions, including the edits to the jpcache-config.php file. Doing so will also prevent “form expired” errors from showing up.

If you’re not using asy_jpcache (or any other static page caching), then you may have some other kind of problem. If you can give us some more details about your Textpattern setup, we may be able to provide better help.

#392 2008-08-19 23:14:01

maniqui
Website

hi Adam,

being that I’ve done some freelance work for dreamer, I can give more details on this issue:

dreamer asked me if I would know why emails sent using zem_contact_reborn won’t work if the “to” attribute (on <txp:zem_contact /> tag) was filled with an address belonging to the same domain the site is hosted.
Because I’m pretty sure I’ve read this issue before, I did a search to find out if there was a fix/workaround to it.
I’ve found this post on this same thread.

Then, I tried that solution, but because it didn’t seem to work, I reverted back the applied changes, first, by un-doing the change in the code.
But then, by re-installing zem_contact_reborn again.

After that, it comes the issue dreamer posted: the contact form started to display the error/expired messages always.

1. Could it something like a “cached forever” nonce? (or something similar, like nonces nor being generated properly)
2. Could it be related to the fact that the contact form is being called from inside a TXP article?

AFAIK, asy_jpcache isn’t being used on dreamer’s site.

BTW, Adam, does this “compatibility issue” between zem_contact_reborn and asy_jpcache affect every site that has both of them installed? or it just happens just in some sites?

Last edited by maniqui (2008-08-19 23:14:41)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#393 2008-08-20 07:46:17

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

ZCR uses nonces the same way as the TXP commenting system, so chances of anything going wrong on the DB side are very low.

If you look at the HTML source of the page containing the form, does the nonce change each time you refresh the page using CTRL+F5?
The fact that the other form fields are reported as empty is a result of using a nonce that has already been used before.

#394 2008-08-22 16:58:19

alexandra

Hi there,

i like to achieve the following but don´t know if it is possible at all? :
i use a ZCR form as an odering form for some PDF´s. On frontpage are two links pointing to the ZCR form. Now when you hit link A checkbox A should be checked. When you hit link B checkbox B should be checked an A unchecked.

I guess i could use javascript but for that again i need a from name and checkbox name. But i can not assign a form name.

Any solutions around ? PHP? ..?

#395 2008-08-22 17:12:56

dreamer

It turns out that the client’s email address was still hosted on their domain registrar (godaddy) instead of their webhosting company. Once he switched over to the webhosting email provider, the error forms no longer appeared.

Having said that, I do have a couple of follow ups;

-When putting the wrong number of numbers in the “phone” field, the warning said it must contain at least 7 numbers, but it printed that warning twice. How to get rid of the double warnings and just one warning?

- Also, whenever I fill out the form and hit submit, it sends two copies instead of one to the email address of record.

#396 2008-08-22 17:45:36

dreamer

issue fixed.

it seems that i had both my article and my form outputting email addresses. when in fact, i should’ve just used 1 email address for the article and leave that out for the form itself. i interpreted the documentation on the plugin incorrectly.

If i can make a suggestion for future reference on the documention. Where it says, “Getting Started”, might be easier to clarify not to put the email address in both the article and the form. At least, that’s how I read it.

Board footer