Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2008-07-14 13:21:38

uli

Re: smd_gallery: super-flexible gallery generator

Bloke wrote:

fixes a small issue if you have not assigned a category to your images

Aaah, great, this was why I initially thought I wouldn’t get it running!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#170 2008-07-14 13:38:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli

Hmmm, it’s supposed to work :-)

Perhaps the focus() function depends on exactly what it is you’re adding focus to. I think you can focus to all input elements (text boxes, radio buttons etc) plus anchors and maybe one or two other things. Have you added the id="tab_test" to the anchor itself or to a <span> / <p> / etc?

And regarding the no-category bug, sorry for not spotting it sooner. It was down to my (lack of) SQL skills.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#171 2008-07-14 14:01:30

uli

Bloke wrote:

And regarding the no-category bug, sorry for not spotting it sooner.

No problem, my flaw when I get nervous under stress ;)

Have you added the id="tab_test" to the anchor itself or to a <span> / <p> / etc?

Thanks for the tip, now tried an a tag, but nada.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#172 2008-07-14 14:15:25

uli

When I look at the source code it simply puts an a tag around that a tag that {navthisurl} creates, so I’m not sure whether this would work at all.

#173 2008-07-14 14:51:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote:

When I look at the source code it simply puts an a tag around that a tag that {navthisurl} creates, so I’m not sure whether this would work at all.

Ah right, yes. You’d have to construct the URL yourself if you wanted to do this because the plugin doesn’t have the concept of an individual id/class for each nav item. You could do it with {navthispageurl} or (perhaps more useful) {navnextpageurl} :

<li><a href="{navnextpageurl}">Next</a></li>

I will certainly look into a way of assigning IDs or classes to elements, since it’ll make it easier to do this kind of thing. I’ll put my thinking cap on.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#174 2008-07-14 16:18:06

uli

Bloke wrote:

I will certainly look into a way of assigning IDs or classes to elements

Great, thanks!! :) IDs will make it easier to assign background images for navfirst/-last etc.

Maybe this will make for the break-through, since <a href="{navnextpageurl}">Next</a> kind of scrambles my css but still doesn’t put the focus anywhere.

#175 2008-07-14 16:38:56

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote:

<a href="{navnextpageurl}">Next</a> kind of scrambles my css but still doesn’t put the focus anywhere.

Hmmm, weird, it works for me. You have remembered to include a <script> call to jquery.js haven’t you? ;-)

#176 2008-07-14 17:04:40

uli

The gallery is running, and it wouldn’t without it.
I use what I posted in #168, except for the part from the gallery navigation form, which now is exactly <a href="{navnextpageurl}">&gt;</a>. That plus the script call to jQuery in the head portion. Or did I miss something else completely?

Edit: umm, well … even if I add id="tab_test" it doesn’t work ;)

Last edited by uli (2008-07-14 17:07:38)

#177 2008-07-14 18:16:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote:

The gallery is running, and it wouldn’t without it.

Of course, sorry. And yes, I forgot to add the id, I’m losing my touch.

I’m totally stumped then. With the addition of the ID and the jQuery library loaded there should be no impediment to it working. One thing I did different to yours was remove the HTML comments but I can’t see that making a difference. Ummm, anyone else?

#178 2008-07-14 21:17:23

uli

Bloke wrote:

Hmmm, weird, it works for me.

Must be my fault then. Will have to sleep one night and try again. Thanks, Stef, for your help and for letting me OT here for some hours ;)

#179 2008-07-19 21:25:53

michiko23

I’m switching from slimbox and and I have a page containing multiple galleries that are output by image category.
However, when i launch the gallery, all the images on the page are included in the lightbox. Is there a function like the
slimbox “groupname” to limit the lightbox images to each gallery?

#180 2008-07-27 12:18:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

michiko23 wrote:

Is there a function like the slimbox “groupname” to limit the lightbox images to each gallery?

You don’t need it in this plugin because you can put a replacement tag in your form to do the same thing.

e.g. <a href="blah.jpg" rel="lightbox-{category}">

Board footer