Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#565 2008-01-09 19:56:08

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

well if all you need is monthly archiving then you don’t really need a plugin. just some better logic and built-in TXP tags.

you can try this

or how-do-i-make-an-archive-page faq

marys upm_date_archive is also another one of the “end of all archiving” plugins.

this article by stuart also explains how to do simple archives using categories and/or months just using native txp tags.

this is yet another article by stuart

plugins aren’t always the best solution.

Last edited by iblastoff (2008-01-09 20:02:46)

#566 2008-01-09 20:56:51

LeeUmm
Website

Ok thanks for your help, I appreciate it. You’ve given me a lot to look at.

I think the best option I’m after is for mary’s plugin. I want a menu being built automatically which groups by month, so when they click on a month name, it only displays articles from that month.

I’ll go off and play around with it and see what happens.

Cheers,

#567 2008-01-09 21:05:27

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

i just hope rob comes back! many of his plugins are what makes TXP’s minimal, non-growing core actually usable.

#568 2008-02-22 07:47:18

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

As a newbie I came across Rob’s plugins via this site and ‘Google’
I’ve installed and tried to install 4 of his plugins – I haven’t got any to work and have spent quite a few hours messing around not quite knowing what to do.
Is it my fault as a newbie or is the plugin broken.
I’m still not sure. If the plugins are not working with 4.0.6 and are not supported I hope Rob puts a message on his site to this effect.

We can only hope he does come back. As they look excellent. Just what I need.

If he does see this … the plugin works it displays a list of categories with the number in brackets (great!) but all links from the list produce a 404 on the page. (bumma)

Last edited by geoff777 (2008-02-22 08:00:08)

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#569 2008-02-28 16:28:30

roelof

hello,

For a site i need a menu of all the year and the months.
If a user choose a month he/she must see all articles of that month.
I mean the whole article and not just a title.

The menu i can make with rss_suparchive-menu that’s not the problem.
Only i don’t know how to let see the year and the months.

But if the reader chooses a month. I can make it happen that articles of that months are visible.

Anybody who can help me ?

Roelof

#570 2008-06-19 23:39:23

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Is there a way to get similar output as rss_suparchive_bycat but by Author?

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#571 2008-06-20 15:09:22

alicson
Website

MattD wrote:

Is there a way to get similar output as rss_suparchive_bycat but by Author?

Would something like this work out for you?: http://1haiku.com/archive#authorarchive

That’s made with: <txp:article_custom section="in" limit="999" form="archive" sortby="custom_3" sortdir="asc" />

If you want the menu of authors beforehand, I think you could simply call article_custom, use if_different, and just permlinking the author tag.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#572 2008-06-20 15:51:48

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

@alicson how do you get it to print the author name before the list of that author’s articles?
I got it to do what i want using some PHP
<txp:php>
$rs = safe_rows('count(*) as total, AuthorID', 'textpattern',
'Status=4 group by AuthorID');
if ($rs)
{
foreach ($rs as $row)
{
if ($row['total'] > 1)
{
$txt = 'articles';
}
else
{
$txt = 'article';
}
$realName = get_author_name($row['AuthorID']);
echo <<<EOD
<div id="c_{$realName}" class="rssCcat"><a href="/author/{$realName}/" title="View all articles written by {$realName}">{$realName}</a> ({$row['total']}) </div>
<ul><txp:article_custom limit="999" author="{$realName}" form="archive" /></ul>
EOD;
}
}
</txp:php>

But I just noticed that when in debug I get the following error
Tag error: <txp:rss_suparchive_bycat formwraptag="ul" /> -> Notice: Undefined index: excerpt on line 474 textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:474 rss_suparchive_bycat() textpattern/publish.php:970 rss_suparchive_bycat() processtags() textpattern/publish.php:929 preg_replace_callback() textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2688 parse() textpattern/publish.php:970 if_search() processtags() textpattern/publish.php:929 preg_replace_callback() textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2348 parse() textpattern/publish.php:970 if_individual_article()

Last edited by MattD (2008-06-20 16:09:07)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#573 2008-06-20 16:31:40

alicson
Website

I can’t help so much the debugging, nor the php, but
to answer your initial question in case you still want the answer:

<txp:if_different><txp:mdn_if_custom field="3" empty="1"><txp:author /><else /><txp:rei_show_custom customid="3" /></txp:mdn_if_custom></txp:if_different>

(Of course, for mdn_if_custom and rei_show_custom you can just use the built-in txp:if_custom and txp:custom tags, respectively.
custom field 3 on 1haiku.com is a field for authors to enter their name if they want a different attribution.)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#574 2008-12-11 22:57:03

lovehasnologic

Hey everyone. I’ve got two problems I’m having with this plugin. I’m using it at http://teamclermont.com/on-tour to display all the tour dates for the artists they are working. The artists are set as categories on the post, and the articles are post-dated to the day of the show. I’m then using this tag.

<txp:rss_suparchive_bycat section=“on-tour” form=“tc_tourdates” limit=“9999” showcatcount=“0” formwraptag=“div” showcats=“0” timeframe=“FUTURE” />

The first problem is that it will not display the category if ONLY future posts exists. Currently, my workaround is for them to create a dummy post for each band in the “on-tour” section setting the band as the category and NOT post-dating it, so there’s always one post for the category in the past. Then, the tag only shows the future posts. It’s not pretty, but it works, however, if there’s a fix for this that’d be excellent.

The second problem is that I can’t sort the posts at all. Every post within the category sorts Posted desc. I’d like to sort by Posted asc as these are future tour dates, and I want them to count down like…

12-13
12-14
12-15
etc.

the sort attributes seem to only work with rss_suparchive and not rss_suparchive_bycat. Am I wrong in thinking this? Any way to fix this so we can sort the shows list properly?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

#575 2009-05-24 00:47:01

Gulfcoast

I searched all pages of the plug in forum but didn’t see if the tags in the form=“wo_recent” were ever revealed. Can anyone assist with this? Thank you so much.

#576 2009-06-11 22:58:08

robhert
Website

Hi, I don’t know how to search to find a solution for this, but I think you could help me:

I have pagination in my site, I use this:

<txp:rss_suparchive section="*" limit="5" form="daily-blog" /> (and I have more than 5 articles)

I am here: /archive/2008/04 and I want to go to the next page. So I click on Older link.

But, when I click on Older (<txp:older />) I go to:

/archive/?pg=2 , where I see all the articles, and not filtered by Month and Year. It should go to: /archive/2008/04/?pg=2 (Where it works, of course), but I did it manually.

Do you know how could I fix it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English, still.

Last edited by robhert (2009-06-11 23:00:42)

Board footer