Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-06-02 19:13:28

volomike

Seeking TXP Custom Gadget -- Business Directory

(I hope this is in the right forum topic area.)

For my client, so that we can pop this in as a custom gadget inside his CMS, I’m seeking a business directory sitescript for $600 or less that uses PHP5, MySQL5, and installs on Linux (we use CentOS in this case). Even if you don’t know of a product, perhaps this could be a product for you to build that you could resell to other customers. Yes I know you might spend about $9000 worth of your hours to build it and I’m asking $600, but then you could sell this to several hundred customers and make up the loss.

Basically it sort of needs the following features:

- Supports free listings which scroll off after 4 or 6 months and paid-feature listings that remain up to a year (the amount paid for).
- Provides a PayPal BuyNow button feature to switch a listing from free to paid, to sign up initially as a paid listing (as an option), or to renew an existing, expired listing.
- Provides categories for listings 3 levels deep. In this case I’m talking about a list of businesses.
- Listings show a title, short description, optional website, optional email address, optional phone number, and required city, state, and country.
- Listings can be browsed through the 3-levels of categories, or searched.
- Searched listings show like 5 random paid-feature listings at the top (per keyword relevancy), followed by all paid and free listings in random order by keyword relevancy.
- Browsed listings show just like the searched listings, but instead of keyword relevancy, by category.
- Paid listings are styled differently.
- An administrator needs to administrate the listings as well as track whether items are paid, up for renewal, etc.
- All listing submissions must go through moderation before they are posted — in order to keep the directory clean.
- Searched or browsed listings are paginated sort of Google style with First, Prev, 1, 2, 3, Next, Last.
- Is mindful that I want to drop this whole thing in as a custom gadget or series of gadgets inside TextPattern.

Board footer