Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-06-01 00:14:28

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

wet_plugout: Disable/enable all plugins with the click of one button

wet_plugout adds an extension tab with one powerful button: Disable all active plugins / Re-enable them again. Might come handy in case of plugin conflicts.

More information and download.

#2 2008-06-01 00:24:11

uli

Re: wet_plugout: Disable/enable all plugins with the click of one button

Woops! Got it!
Thanks, Robert! This is a true relief in the every day life of a burdened plugin tester ;)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2008-06-01 00:27:56

uli

uli wrote:

burdened plugin tester

Quote: «wet_plugout cannot continue: Too many active plugins.» Like I said …

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2008-06-01 00:38:11

uli

In the code I find elseif (strlen($plugins) > 250) { // approx. max prefs length. Does 250 refer to plugins as “piece of software”? I have 30 active ones, but 48 installed.

#5 2008-06-01 00:43:35

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

250 refers to the added length of all active plugins’ names. I use a prefs field to store the set of active plugins which is limited at 255 characters.

#6 2008-06-01 00:54:01

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Does new tab is really need? May be make enable\disable plugins by enabling\disabling your plugin? Like rvm_maintance works :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#7 2008-06-01 01:01:43

uli

wet wrote:

use a prefs field to store the set of active plugins which is limited at 255 characters.

I’d grant you password access if you’d install an extra table, large enough to store the necessary information. ;)

#8 2008-06-01 01:42:37

maniqui
Website

Is there any advantage in using this plug-in instead of this preference?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#9 2008-06-01 02:01:58

uli

Yup: we haven’t got no batch disabling yet :)

Edit: The best is yet to come, this is just the minor difference. The major one is, you’re done faster as it takes the burden to klick 37 times in order to disable 37 plugins (Couldn’t test it yet, does it except itself from disabling?)
Second major difference: after you’ve found the culprit, it reenables exactly all these plugins that were previously enabled with just one click, this way saving another 37 alright … 36 clicks, sparing you from comparing screenshots or handwritten lists with your plugins’ windows settings.
And if you ever had to dis/re-enable a list of plugins that’s longer than your screen can hold and saw these damn links you were just clicking on jumping back down again and again into the invisible depths of your graphic card’s memory, then you can really appreciate, what this plugin does for you.

Alright, I’ll retire from singing my ode …

Just one more thing, did you give it a shortcut link to the plugins tab, Robert?

Last edited by uli (2008-06-01 02:38:31)

#10 2008-06-01 07:16:58

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Oh my…

v0.2 lifts the maximum plugin limit, adds a “Manage plugins” link.

#11 2008-06-01 10:08:17

uli

Awesome, Robert, thanks!

Though I have to admit I was in creative mode last night (ratio a little overboard ;)
And so I had mistaken the extensions tab for the plugins tab, from where it’s a little bit more difficult to get to the extensions than vice versa. But with this link you’ll always find the plugins window topically refreshed, and that’s not too bad a side effect.

Just tested it on my 49 installed plugins and it switched all my 30 active ones reliably off and back on again. Wooo, cool!
Now I’ll shed a little less sweat and «have more time for painting my finger nails» ;) (german IBM ad from the late 80s).

#12 2008-06-01 10:39:42

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

uli wrote:

And so I had mistaken the extensions tab for the plugins tab, from where it’s a little bit more difficult to get to the extensions than vice versa.

Get a decent browser ;-)

Board footer