Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#397 2008-03-11 11:17:30

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

I realized, once you posted your original code, what the problem was. You’re right, when the second tru_tags_handler call runs, it doesn’t find any articles, so it redirects the page to the 404 page.

I could fix this by giving you way to turn off the 404 error handling. If your only goal is really to just style the first excerpt differently, though, you could probably use the first-child selector. Either way, I’ll put this on the list for the next version of tru_tags.

#398 2008-03-11 11:30:03

aswihart
Website

I found a better solution, the txp:if_first_article tag, which I never even knew existed. The first/last-child pseudoselectors and child selectors aren’t supported by IE6 anyway, thanks for the suggestion though. Yeah, I guess a quick fix would be to add a value for the noarticle attribute that would turn off error handling, maybe “noerror” or something. Thanks, Nathan, this is a great plugin.

#399 2008-03-24 13:13:46

Rigel
Website

Hi truist,

It’s possible texttransform="capfirst" for the tag tru_tags_tag_parameter in new version of the plugin?

It’s possible show more of a page in the results of tru_tags_handler?

Thanks!.

#400 2008-03-24 16:20:09

merz1
Website

It’s possible texttransform=“capfirst” for the tag tru_tags_tag_parameter in new version of the plugin?

Isn’t it ‘capitalize’ what you are looking for? The workaround/code I am using:

<span style="text-transform:capitalize;"><txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter striphyphens="1" /></span>

This is a template markup hack. Use a CSS class for the span:

.tru_tags_tag_parameter {
  text-transform:capitalize;
  font-weight: bold;
}

Which will result in this markup:

<span class="tru_tags_tag_parameter"><txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter striphyphens="1" /></span>

Example: Tag search for ‘video’

Note: It is not possible to use &quot;, ' or " to surround the tag parameter. It breaks the style or CSS declaration (reported before). I did not check nested <span> constructions yet.
Nathan: A ‘wrapsign’ parameter might be needed :)

It’s possible show more of a page in the results of tru_tags_handler?

No. See documentation:

Note: In Textpattern, the limit attribute is defaulted to 10, to limit the output to 10 articles per page, and the txp:older and txp:newer tags are used to paginate the full list. The txp:older and txp:newer tags do not work with tru_tags, but the limit is still used by Textpattern when it outputs the articles. Therefore, tru_tags uses a default limit of 1000 when doing an article search. You can override this limit by setting the limit attribute on tru_tags_handler.

If I remember right the reason for the missing pagination feature is that for txp:older and txp:newer to work the total number of articles in the output must be counted by TXP core after the database query to calculate the pagination (pg2, pg3,…). Nathan?

Source: tru_tags: Usage instructions – Tag reference

Last edited by merz1 (2008-03-24 17:00:06)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#401 2008-03-25 00:54:03

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks again, merz1. I’ll add some sort of feature to handle the capitalization, and the wraptag, for the next version. It may be a while, though, but I’ll keep track of it all.

The issue with the pagination code is that TXP’s pagination code is all intermingled with its result display code, so there’s no way to display paginated results without just copying huge blocks of code, which I’m just not willing to do. But I’m not entirely sure if that’s what Rigel was asking, though. (I’m just not sure.) Rigel?

#402 2008-03-25 14:55:15

merz1
Website

Nathan: A class="tru_tags_tag_parameter" implementation would also be nice (Didn’t check that but I think class="tru_tags_tag_parameter" is not working).

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#403 2008-03-27 18:34:57

merz1
Website

Nathan: I have found an issue with <txp:page_url /> Textbook: txp:page_url

Code used (shortened)

<a href="http://del.icio.us/post?url=http://sankt-georg.info<txp:page_url />" title="">del.icio.us</a>

Note: The url=http://sankt-georg.info part can not be replaced by <txp:site_url /> because of a trailing slash which leads to a double-slash :( Reported here (and Ruud has the ‘rtrim’ PHP answer).

Output

http://del.icio.us/post?url=http://sankt-georg.info/tag/?t=polizei

I am wondering about the /tag/?t=polizei part. The URL works but looks pretty ugly.

Here is the example page and the bookmark links can be seen in the upper right corner.

Expected URL in d.i.u link (Well, we can’t have it all :)

http://sankt-georg.info/tag/polizei/

This way it works fine with i.e. categories.

Must be another TXP core feature/issue :)

Last edited by merz1 (2008-03-27 18:39:54)

#404 2008-05-14 00:40:28

Ruhh

I have two installations of Textpattern, both using tru_tags. On one site, I see a list of tags in Write tab… whereas on the other site, I don’t see a list of tags in Write tab. Is there something wrong?

<txp:Ruhh />

#405 2008-05-14 02:28:56

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Probably :)

This may actually be a great opportunity – various people have reported this same problem, but I’ve never been able to reproduce it. Given that you have two sites, one that works and one that doesn’t, maybe there is some difference between the sites that is causing the problem. So, if you don’t mind, please let me know if any of these are true:

Different versions of TXP
Different versions of tru_tags
Different plugins installed
Any unusual tags in the broken site
Different TXP configuration settings
Anything else you can think of that might be different :)

If you’re willing, I think I could probably figure out the problem if I had access to your TXP install. If you’re willing to give me that access, please send credentials to truist-20080513@truist.com and I’ll see if I can figure it out.

#406 2008-05-14 03:20:19

Ruhh

Different versions of TXP: No
Different versions of tru_tags: No
Different plugins installed: The site with on-click tags shown in Write tab (an7_filter, gho_comments_invite, mdp_calendar, rss_admin_show_adv_opts, rvm_maintenance, SimplePie Plugin, zem_contact) The site without on-click tags show in Write tab (…a lot, i can’t really name them all :p)
Any unusual tags in the broken site: I don’t think so…?
Different TXP configuration settings: No

EDIT: I got them to show up. I had to uninstall then reinstall it. Thanks anyway but I have a question. Is there a way I can list the 5 articles in relation by tags?

Last edited by Ruhh (2008-05-14 22:58:20)

#407 2008-05-15 14:42:27

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Wow – so reinstalling tru_tags fixed the problem? I’m totally confused by that…

I’m not sure what your new question is asking – can you rephrase?

#408 2008-05-15 15:25:45

Ruhh

Well, oddly. I got rid of the plugin then later, I felt the need of tags so I installed it again. Then browsed away and came by the Write tab. Out of nowhere, my tags finally showed up.

The question is basically asking for a tag that can list the five related articles just like the txp built in tag for articles in relation by category. But making it in relation by tags would be nice. I had to use asy_wondertag and article_custom tags to make that happen.

Board footer