Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2008-04-09 15:46:52

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Ok, jonasgrau it’s for you. :)

Minor update v0.3.1

Changes:
added a new tag (<txp:yab_shop_add_message />) for an additional message

#86 2008-04-10 20:37:01

progre55

trenc:

If I am upgrading the plug in (to your latest and greatest), is there anything special I need to do. If possible, I would like to not have to redo the config file (or at least the areas that would not be effected by your changes) Not a huge deal, just figured I would ask before doing the upgrade.

Thanks.

progre55

#87 2008-04-10 21:20:38

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

No, no need of an config update. It’s still v0.3.0.
If you want the new function aka the additional message, then you can update the main plugin. If you don’t want the additional message so there is no need of an update, ‘cause nothing else other is added or has changed.

#88 2008-04-10 21:21:43

jonasgrau

I love you trenc ;)

#89 2008-04-11 19:31:33

progre55

trenc:

I know you made this modification:

08-03-15 – v0.2.1: 
changed payment method output (if only one payment method available) 

Beside manually removing the other payment options, am I missing another way to get this to display. I do not want it to look like a drop down box if the only method I will offer is Paypal.

Also, the cart I am setting up will allow the users to purchase multiple items, much like your demo cart. Do you know whether this will require me to do anything different obn the Paypa side of the equation …

Thanks again for the awsome plug in and hard work.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2008-04-11 20:40:19)

#90 2008-04-12 09:18:47

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

Beside manually removing the other payment options, am I missing another way to get this to display. I do not want it to look like a drop down box if the only method I will offer is Paypal.

I guess you’ve done something wrong. With version 0.2.1 you have only to do the following if you want only paypal as payment method:

'payment_method_acc' => '0'
'payment_method_pod' => '0'
'payment_method_pre' => '0'
'payment_method_paypal' => '1'

That’s all. The result will be the following:

<p>
<label for="payment">Payment Method</label>
<input type="hidden" name="payment" value="Purchase via Paypal" id="payment" />
<span id="yab-shop-one-payment">Purchase via Paypal</span>
</p>

On demoshop.yablo.de it’s look like this (it’s not styled, ‘cause it’s not used):
paypal.png

Last edited by trenc (2008-04-12 09:19:29)

#91 2008-04-12 23:46:27

jdykast
Website

trenc, thanks for all of the hard work you have put into this plugin; I’m very impressed. As I looked at the “roadmap” listed in the first post I noticed you’re thinking about “a small admin interface to manage orders.” How do you plan on achieving that? I ask because I want to use this plugin and was going to build something like that for myself and I was curious how you planned on managing orders. Are you going to add another table to TXP or do you have something else in mind?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

#92 2008-04-13 11:21:19

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi jdykast,

I have the following in mind: The order managing interface will be look like the »content->article« list with »delete«, »shipped«, »paid« and »pending« as selectable status. So it will be small and simple. »pending« and »paid« status shall be partial automatically set (with paypal I can probably resolve this with the PDT or IPN). By offline payment methods the status will be set to »pending«, so it must be changed manually.

I don’t know, whether I will use an additional db table or the given textpattern table. The additional table has the advantage I can define the fields by myself. But it’s always an additional non-genuin textpattern table, I don’t really like it.
If I use the textpattern table, I have to use an additional order section to save the relevant data. And probably I have to use more custom fields as I want. Further the data will be showed as article in »content->article« and »content->write« then. That’s not what I want, ‘cause these datas are sensitive customer datas and a thoughtless click in these tabs will publish the customer data on the site -> maximum credible accident.

So I think I will ask the textpattern developers what will be the best approach and which variant most likely will fit in textpattern program design.

#93 2008-04-13 12:54:19

jdykast
Website

Sounds good. I agree that it would be bad news to publish an order to the site! I also agree that using the existing Textpattern table has some drawbacks. A site that has a decent volume of sales will quickly make the article table messy and difficult to use for managing the content of the site. Also, using more custom fields could run into problems if the site was already using a few.

I guess my strongest argument for a new table(s) is the possibility of middle to high volume sales. I would love to be able to look at just the orders themselves without also looking through articles, products and other content. This would stay consistent with TXP’s separation of Presentation, Content and Logic. To that list we could add Orders. In my opinion, the best route seems to be a new table or two. However, if the TXP devs think an additional table is a bad idea then maybe it’s worth reconsidering.

Thanks for the feedback.

#94 2008-04-14 12:36:59

progre55

trenc:

Thanks for your response.

When I do what you have described above using (yab_shop_config 0.3.0) I get “Payment Method” then the Number 1 in a pull down box.

The code, I get is:

<p><label for="payment">Payment Method</label><select name="payment" id="payment"><option value="1">1</option></select>
</p>

I am sure it is me, just not sure what I may be overlooking.

Thanks.

Last edited by progre55 (2008-04-14 12:37:31)

#95 2008-04-14 16:52:51

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Ah, I see. You have edited the language yab_shop_lang(), which should contents the translations:

'checkout_payment_acc'		=> 'Purchase on Account',
'checkout_payment_pod'		=> 'Purchase on Delivery',
'checkout_payment_pre'		=> 'Purchase against Prepayment',
'checkout_payment_paypal'	=> 'Purchase via Paypal',

but you have to edit the config yab_shop_config() above:

'payment_method_acc'	=> '0',
'payment_method_pod'	=> '0',
'payment_method_pre'	=> '0',
'payment_method_paypal'	=> '1',

#96 2008-04-14 17:27:59

progre55

trenc:

Again, I overlook the obvious … maybe because it is Monday … at least that is what I will tell myself …

Thanks for the help and awsome plug in.

progre55

Board footer