Your a Ruby Gem:)

Forever learning.

#182 2008-03-06 07:43:53

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Re: glz_custom_fields

anthonybooth wrote:

I have found a problem in that if I delete an entry in a glz_custom_field > 10 under the write tab and save the article the deleted entry reappears ??

Hey Anthony (and everyone else), the bug above was fixed in v1.1.3 which was released last night to everyone, let me know if there are any other annoyances before I crack on with v1.2 next week.

Also, another thing that was addressed were table prefixes. Deleting custom fields in tables with prefixes didn’t quiet work – all is fine now.

Your a Ruby Gem:)

Thank you Anthony, that went down well : ).

Showtime next week?

#183 2008-03-06 08:10:13

lee

Hi Gerhard, thanks for another update and a belated thank you for your help a few weeks ago – a beer money donation will be with you shortly. Am I OK to just install this update over the current version?

Cheers
Lee

#184 2008-03-06 08:32:30

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

a beer money donation will be with you shortly

Hey Lee, cheers mate : ).

Am I OK to just install this update over the current version?

Yes, unless otherwise stated, a sensible database-back-up and then in-place replacement should work down a treat. I wouldn’t implement important functionality in a minor release anyways.

For everyone else reading this, the versioning that I’m using follows these principles:

v1.1.2, v1.1.3 etc.
Minor, very quick releases with mostly bug fixes or very small functionality improvements.

v1.1, v1.2 etc.
Important releases, highly recommended, usually accompanied by longer upgrade instructions (where appropriate).

v1, v2 etc.
Major releases, important functionality implemented, plugin might be re-written in parts, follow upgrade instructions with great care.
I will implement upgrade functions where appropriate, if there are any database changes or shifts in approach, there will be a function that will account for these changes.

At all times, follow the instructions provided in every e-mail, the sensible database back-up will never hurt though (it only takes 10 seconds anyways).

#185 2008-03-10 01:44:45

mrtunes
Website

i can’t get the no-results function working.
on my default page i have:
<txp:glz_custom_fields_search_form results_page="songs" searchby="Genre,Character" />

on my songs page i have:
<txp:glz_custom_fields_search_form results_page="songs" searchby="Genre,Character" /> <txp:glz_article_custom form="songs" category="songs" limit="5" no_results="no_results" />

i understand that how i have it, there’s no chance my default page could return a no_results page – but it doesn’t work on the songs page either. they both go to the same place if you do a bad search – it’s in the “songs” section, but it returns a 200 OK page. whatever that is ha! i have checked that my no_results page does actually work if i were able to send the search there.

i set it up the way i did cause it seemed like this was the only way to hide all the articles on the default page, and have them be revealed as a search is completed

Last edited by mrtunes (2008-03-10 01:45:49)

#186 2008-04-03 17:12:46

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Elliott, you can tell that I wasn’t around here for a while…

First of all, ensure the articles you’re searching for are under the songs section (not category).

The way the no_results attribute works, is that if there are no matching articles, the user will be re-directed to the no_results page (which is actually a section, just like search is a section).

I know that this reply comes in really late, but let me know if it was of any help or if you’re managed to figure it out on your own.

#187 2008-04-09 22:21:19

rsskga
Website

ollieclubb wrote:

The problem is no fields at all are appearing in the write tab.

I’m having the same problem as Ollie on one install. Fine on another install. It’s strange. Been trying to figure out if there is another plugin causing a conflict, but it doesn’t seem so.

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#188 2008-04-10 00:05:15

hidalgo
Website

ollieclubb wrote:

The problem is no fields at all are appearing in the write tab.

rsskga wrote:

I’m having the same problem as Ollie on one install. Fine on another install. It’s strange. Been trying to figure out if there is another plugin causing a conflict, but it doesn’t seem so.

I had this problem on a new install and worked out that ‘Allow form override’ needed to be enabled. This can be set in Admin > Advanced > Publish.

Hope this helps.

#189 2008-04-10 07:33:57

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

That does sound weird guys. What revision are you seeing this on? Browser?

By the sounds of it, this might actually be a jQuery issue. Before we can be sure, further investigation is required.

#190 2008-04-10 08:20:50

hidalgo
Website

Hi Gerhard, I’m using glz_custom_fields 1.1.3 and the latest stable release of Textpattern: 4.0.6 (r2805) with the included version of jQuery (1.2.2). I’ve also tried 1.2.3. My browsers are the latest versions of Safari 3.1 (5525.13) and Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Mac. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

#191 2008-04-11 11:32:50

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Gerhard,
Maybe I’m wrong but I think I found a problem with the glz_article_custom tag.
With the original article_custom tag I can specify a customfieldname=“value” attribute to be unset like so:

<txp:article_custom  mycustomfield=""  />

This way the tag returns all articles with an empty mycustomfield and not the ones with whatever other value.

Well I can’t get it to work with the glz_article_custom tag.
Is it only a problem of mine?

Last edited by redbot (2008-09-12 21:43:39)

#192 2008-04-13 17:49:43

nabrown78
Website

Hi Gerhard! I left these questions on your site, but it is probably better on the forum.
In a search of multiple custom fields, would I be able to set it up so the user could search for ALL the terms or ANY of the terms? In other words, specify an AND or OR search, as in my current script: http://www.napostl.com/php/search_members.php ?
Also, if I use this plugin I will be putting a lot of long checklists in the custom fields area. Will I be able to control (hacking okay) the layout a little bit, so it’s not cluttered and is easy to navigate?
And should I upgrade a TXP site to 4.0.6 before installing the plugin?

Many thanks,
Nora

Board footer