Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2008-03-15 11:12:34

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Minor Update

Changes:

• support for EEK (estonian kroon)
  • changed payment method output (if only one payment method available)

#62 2008-03-17 13:37:56

progre55

trenc:

Thanks.

Will take a look, and definitely appreciate the effort.

progre55

#63 2008-03-18 22:59:30

JasonUK
Website

This is absolutely perfect for something I need.

All i’m looking for, is to have someone choose their products then have them send the order to us. no payment methods. We phone them back and take card details.

I’ve added it to a site on my testing server to play with. I can’t get the price to be added to the shoping cart and how do you get the title of the product to be added to the shopping cart?

Last edited by JasonUK (2008-03-18 23:00:01)

#64 2008-03-19 08:15:00

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Do you mean the small shopping cart on the left side?
So build a article form for the products with following content (YMMV):

<div class="content">
<h3><txp:title /></h3>
<p class="price">Price: <txp:yab_shop_custom_field name="Price" /></p>
<txp:yab_shop_add />
<txp:body />
</div>

The tag <txp:yab_shop_custom_field name="Price" /> is used for the price output. The name="Price" must be the same name as your defined price custom field in Admin->Preferences->Advanced. And don’t forget do name it your config:

'custom_field_price_name'	=> 'Price',
  'custom_field_price'		=> 'Custom_1',

Which custom field you are using is on your on. You only have to write it in your plugin config which will be used. But be care of the naming convention: it’s case sensitive, so »price« in plugin config and »Price« in Admin->Preferences->Advanced will not work.

Further the <txp:yab_shop_add /> is required in this article form. If you don’t want an output, use the attribute output described in the plugin help.

The title of the product will be added automatically. It will be the title of the single product/article (Textpattern use it as <txp:title />), so don’t leave it blank!

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-19 08:23:00)

#65 2008-03-24 23:33:35

waznelle
Website

So many have said this before but here it is again: this is great.

And I know you are still working on it but would like to add “different freight/shipping costs” to the wish list.

#66 2008-03-25 18:44:17

jonasgrau

I am currently adding a way to do creditcard payments to this excellent plugin. I’m stuck with the payment gateway requirement to have an orderID (a forthrunning unique number). Does anyone have any suggestion on how to handle that? I actually don’t know txp that well… yet ;)

#67 2008-03-25 19:23:30

jonasgrau

Just another quick question: When I fill out an order form using scandinavian chars (ÆØÅ) they do not show up in the automatic emails being sent. I quess this has something to do with the encoding but I have no idea how to fix. Anyone :) ?

#68 2008-03-25 19:28:39

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

waznelle wrote:

And I know you are still working on it but would like to add “different freight/shipping costs” to the wish list.

Jup. I’ve add it to my list.
Do you mean different shipping costs for different shippments?

jonasgrau wrote:

I’m stuck with the payment gateway requirement to have an orderID (a forthrunning unique number). Does anyone have any suggestion on how to handle that?

An order id will work, when you have a method to save the id (database, flatfile, xml, csv). But not out of the box.
But when I will have added the small admin interface for the order management so there will be a order id, ‘cause all orders will be saved then in a additional database table.

#69 2008-03-25 19:36:03

jonasgrau

Hi trenc. That’s great. Thank you very much. I’m looking forward to that ;)

#70 2008-03-25 19:36:09

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

jonasgrau wrote:

Just another quick question: When I fill out an order form using scandinavian chars (ÆØÅ) they do not show up in the automatic emails being sent. I quess this has something to do with the encoding but I have no idea how to fix. Anyone :) ?

Your right, it’s my fault. All inputs will be sanitized, but a little bit too much. I will fix it next update.

#71 2008-03-27 17:49:21

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Major update v0.3.0

Changes:
  • fixed too paranoid sanitization (see post from jonasgrau)
  • dynamic encrypted paypal button implemented

Howto encrypted paypal checkout:

It’s strongly recommended using the encrypted paypal button!

The button encryption will only working with a php openssl support. In doubt ask your hoster or simple test it. It should output an error if php openssl functions don’t exists. For setup a certificate for your paypal account follow the instructions at paypal and block all non-encrypted website payments (info on same site). After setting up your account with the certificates, you will have three certificates files and an paypal certificate id.

These three files (a public paypal certificate, your public certificate and your private key) you have to copy on your server. But you MUST copy these in a directory which is outside of DocumentRoot, nobody should get access on your own private key.

Now do your configutation!

Note: If I’m able to handle the race condition, the next major release will have an order managing interface with a forthrunning unique order id.

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-27 17:57:23)

#72 2008-03-27 18:04:43

lee

Hi trenc, I get Badly formed or empty plugin code. when installing yab_shop_v0.3.0.txt.

Best wishes
Lee

Board footer