Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-02-27 13:35:28

hijabman

Blog Reorganizing

Hi there,

My name is Javed, I run hijabman.com, and I’m looking to reorganize it a bit. Go ahead and take a look.

A buddy of mine Destry Wion (wion.com, you may know him) designed/coded it, but he seems to be pretty busy at the moment.

Here is a mockup of how I’d like it to change: http://www.hijabman.com/images/neworg.jpg (with notes)

Basically, the look would be the same, it would still be textpattern-based. The only thing I’d like to change is just how the posts are organized/archived, and the sidebar. As of now, each article that is published is published to a ‘section’ which may be displayed on another page (i.e. about, islam, etc). After using this setup for a year or two, I’ve decided it would make more sense to simplify it, and make it all on one page, and the organization tag-based.

If you are inclined/have the time to do it, let me know. thanks!

peace,
javed

#2 2008-02-27 14:05:54

vk
Website

Re: Blog Reorganizing

Hi Javed…

I reply your e-mail…

Viking KARWUR
Textpattern Enthusiast & I run MadebyVK A small web design and web development studio based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I’m @vikingkarwur and @MadebyVK on Twitter

#3 2008-03-16 18:54:09

Destry
Website

Re: Blog Reorganizing

Hey Hijabman! Salaam.

Cool, Viking, thanks for stepping in. Hijabman is right, I am pretty busy. Too busy. Have a new family addition and work situation has changed considerably. Haven’t even been able to post at my own sight since…gosh…almost a fully year now (be turning that around soon). And as people might know, I’ve been pretty scarce around here too. It’s a time thing.

Do him proud.

Board footer