You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#409 2008-02-29 13:14:54

progre55

Re: smd_slimbox

Bloke:

SUCCESS :) Thanks for all your help and sticking with me on this issue.

Record label? I did not realize we have a recording star amongst our community :) Or are you the behind the scenes?

progre55

#410 2008-02-29 13:37:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

SUCCESS :) Thanks for all your help and sticking with me on this issue.

No probs. If I wasn’t so dim sometimes, we’d have sorted this out yesterday!

Record label? I did not realize we have a recording star amongst our community :) Or are you the behind the scenes?

Both :-) Watch this space.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#411 2008-02-29 13:38:35

progre55

Bloke:

I will continue to watch the space … good luck with the venture …

progre55

#412 2008-03-03 01:48:38

progre55

Bloke:

One additional question, please :)

What I have noticed is that when I use the above code we have been discussing, it looks fine in Firefox. When I preview it in IE, it looks fine (ie the captions appear under thumbnails and the thumbnails sit three to a row) BUT it puts a huge space between the rows. It almost looks like a “P” break.

I can’t figure out where this may be coming from or why IE would be handling it in this matter. It looks odd to say the least.

Again I messed around with the css, but now need to turn to the Master for assistance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

progre55

#413 2008-03-03 01:56:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

When I preview it in IE… it puts a huge space between the rows. It almost looks like a “P” break.

Ah, the IE effect strikes.

Without seeing the source I can only guess. Try moving the height:150px; up into the .cell rule to force each cell to have a height. It should probably have been there in the first place as it makes more sense.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#414 2008-03-05 09:56:32

ultramega

I was reading the image watermaking thread and just came in mind: is it possible to add script to this plugin that would (optionally) overlay copyright-image over slimboxed images?

#415 2008-03-05 10:07:59

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ultramega wrote:

I was reading the image watermaking thread and just came in mind: is it possible to add script to this plugin that would (optionally) overlay copyright-image over slimboxed images?

Possibly but retro-fitting this for watermarking is a bit more involved and having a dependency on an optional external plugin isn’t ideal, though not insurmountable. The problem is the way the slimbox part works: it doesn’t actually have an image ‘tag’ as such, only a thumbnail tag. The image is fetched directly when you click a thumbnail so it bypasses TXP in that respect.

Hence for slimbox — and smd_gallery with a slimboxy output form — it may be possible (easiest?) to apply the “.htaccess” version of the watermark plugin that I’ll build so that it automatically renders the watermark on all images in a chosen directory. I haven’t tested it in a TXP environment but when I get round to writing the plugin I think it’ll work.

#416 2008-03-05 17:48:49

ultramega

Ok, great. I have actually been looking htacces based scripts today, but haven’t tested any yet.

#417 2008-03-10 19:54:10

progre55

Bloke:

Quick question. (Maybe) The way I currently use the plug in is by automatically attaching the images to a particular article by creating Image Categories that are the article id (ie article-10). This works like a charm. :)

I have now been dealt a scenerio, where I need to do the above, but also attach other images that can not be classified to one article, because they may need to be included into multiple articles. I want to avoid having to upload mutliple images.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, since I still need all of them to be in the same “slideshow.”

Thank you in advance for your time.

progre55

#418 2008-03-10 20:31:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

The way I currently use the plug in is by automatically attaching the images to a particular article by creating Image Categories that are the article id… I need to do the above, but also attach other images that can not be classified to one article, because they may need to be included into multiple articles.

There are a few options open to you. Depending on how you categorise the “other” images you should be able to use a custom field, e.g. your core images for an article are in the “article-N” category as usual, and your optional images in other categories. If you make a custom field called “images” and in the slimbox tag do:

<txp:smd_slimbox category="?id, ?images" />

you can then list the optional image categories you want to include in a particular article’s gallery by just specifying the category names (comma-separated) in the “images” custom field for that article. Add as many as you like; or none if that article only requires the ones in its article-N category.

How many optional categories you make and what images you put in each is up to you. I guess the trade-off will be that the more images you group in a category, the less likelihood there is of being able to use the whole group in an article. Going the other way and putting fewer images in a category will increase the likelihood of being able to use that category but you’ll need to list more categories in your custom field. See examples 3, 4, and 5 in the docs for some additional ideas.

Don’t forget you can also use imageid to list individual images (or ranges of images like 12-18) for inclusion and, again, use a custom field for this. e.g. :

<txp:smd_slimbox category="?id, ?images" imageid="?imgids" />

Mixing and matching the data in these two custom fields can create some powerful combinations that should enable you to build the sort of galleries you require.

And if using up two custom fields feels a tad wasteful, if you employ net-carver’s awesome sed_packed_custom_fields (aka sed_pcf) you can probably put both these lists in one custom field to save space! I’ve not tried it but there’s no reason it shouldn’t work (though it may need asy_wondertag to work).

Does that get you going?

#419 2008-03-11 16:53:44

raveoli
Website

The animating caption/close bottom part is annoying me. What’s bothering me is not so much the fact that it is there, but more the fact that it retracts on each image load, so it has to do that fancy slide down on each image load as well.

How do I best get rid of it, and maybe place the close-button in the upper right corner instead?

I’ve tried looking at the original slimbox docs, the smd_slimbox docs, and can’t figure this out…

Please, help a poor soul… I’m ugly but I’m alright… Really… I just want my slimbox to be… slim;-)

#420 2008-03-11 17:00:24

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

just edit the slimbox javascript.

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer