Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2008-01-30 21:09:19

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_file: Associate single or multiple files with an article.

Textpattern. Created and Modified time are now stored in the database, rather than re-calculated on-the-fly. Once you save your file again, it does a re-calculation of the file size.

#62 2008-03-02 19:47:33

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_file: Associate single or multiple files with an article.

I’m having a bit of a problem with Textgarden. I’ve updated the site to 4.0.6 which went OK. I noticed there where a couple of plug-ins that weren’t necessary any more so I recoded and removed them. That went OK. I had a couple of admin-side plug-ins that needed the extra lines adding in for privileges so I did those. That went OK. I switched into Testing mode to see if there were any deprecated tag notices, which there were, so I modified those and they are OK. Then I went back to the plug-ins to double-check I had the latest versions. The site was using upm_file_packets which you no longer support so I downloaded and installed upm_file and activated it. I then went to the extensions tab and re-saved the custom field I’m using. Then I modified the tag I’m using in the page template. Then I went and looked at the page that is using the tag and found a blank content area. So I then switched to debugging mode and refreshed the page. This is what it threw at me:-

Tag error:  <txp:upm_file_article_custom section="layouts" form="Layout_Popular" limit="9999" withfiles="1" /> ->  Notice: Undefined variable: q  on line 140
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:499 upm_file_doArticles()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:484 upm_file_parseArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:970 upm_file_article_custom()
processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:929 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2348 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:970 if_individual_article()
processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:466 parse()

and

Tag error:  <txp:upm_file_article_custom section="layouts" form="Layout_Popular" limit="9999" withfiles="1" /> ->  Textpattern Warning: Column 'Status' in where clause is ambiguous
select a.*, unix_timestamp(a.Posted) as uPosted
            from main_textpattern as a right outer join main_txp_file as f on(a.custom_1 = f.id)
            where 1 and Status = 4 and a.Posted <= now() and a.Section = 'layouts' order by downloads desc, Posted desc limit 0, 9999
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:499 upm_file_doArticles()  on line 81
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:81 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:373 safe_query()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:499 upm_file_doArticles()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code:484 upm_file_parseArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:970 upm_file_article_custom()
processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2348 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:970 if_individual_article()
processTags()

Have you any idea what might be causing this please?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#63 2008-03-03 02:41:12

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Update available

That should fix your problem, Stuart.

Last edited by Mary (2013-01-24 17:27:04)

#64 2008-03-03 10:55:47

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

And indeed it does. Thank you Mary. :)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#65 2008-05-29 09:15:43

rainer

Hi everyone,

I’m probably missing out something stupid (still a newbie), but upm_file throws a warning at me and doesn’t give me a download link.

In my page, I replaced the article tag wit upm:
@<txp:upm_file_article form=“content” status=“4” />

and in my content form I have the article_file_list included:
@<txp:upm_article_file_list form=“files”>

when I view the page, I get the following error:
tag_error <txp:upm_file_article form=“content” status=“4” /> -> Textpattern Warning: Unknown table ‘a’ in where clause
select count(*) from textpattern where 1 and a.Status = 4 and a.Posted <= now() and a.Section = ‘a.sozialwissenschaften’
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:225 getThing() on line 81

textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:81 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:302 safe_query()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:225 getThing()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:336 safe_count()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:499 upm_file_doArticles()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code:130 upm_file_parseArticles()
textpattern/publish.php:970 upm_file_article()
processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2776 parse()

anyone knowing what I’ve done wrong?

#66 2008-05-29 10:33:53

uli

Does closing the second tag help?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#67 2008-05-29 10:47:09

rainer

me stupid – thanks uli for pointing that out. but unfortunately, the error remains even when I close the tag.

#68 2008-05-29 10:50:52

rainer

I was too fast responding and fell really dumb now – after clearing the cache, everything is working fine now. You saved my day, Uli, now I can go enjoy the sun.

#69 2008-06-20 23:23:22

cuda
Website

Do you have to provide the download ID or can you use the download filename too? I seem to only be able to use the ID.

Think that some might find using the filename as an option would be great especially for those more dimwitted clients that just won’t understand why they can’t enter the name of the file, maybe with an attribute like:

lookup=“id” or lookup=“filename” default would be id

#70 2008-06-22 02:45:50

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Do you mean within the article’s custom field? At present, yes, it only accepts a list of IDs. I’ll see about accepting a list of file names in the next release.

Last edited by Mary (2008-06-22 02:47:55)

#71 2008-06-22 23:59:04

cuda
Website

yeah exactly mary….thanks

#72 2008-06-26 12:12:39

morgant
Plugin Author
Website

First, my thanks for this plug-in. It filled a huge gap in the implementation of one of my current projects.

Second, I noticed that the break attribute doesn’t correctly handle ‘tr’ or ‘td’ like it does ‘li’ and such. Obviously it’s fairly straightforward to work around in the pages & forms, but it would been much more convenient if it “just works”.

Board footer