You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2008-01-27 16:55:21

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Feedback to: Help us test the release candidate for the upcoming 4.0.6

Admin plugins needing add_privs:

• asy_sitemap
  • Newsletter Manager (from Ben Bruce – bab_newsletter)

All the rest were unreleased admin-side plugins I’ve been working on.

#14 2008-01-27 16:57:50

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Els
In your diagnostics tab, look at the “PHP Server API” to see how PHP is used on your website.
The duplicate comments_error tag may be related to the 4.0.3 update script. I’ll see if I can prevent if from being added twice.

#15 2008-01-27 17:04:12

els

Els wrote:

You are right, there were two comments_error tags. I had not looked at the form because I just imported the database, so how could the local form not be identical to the live one? But they weren’t. I don’t get it.

Ruud, I just upgraded the live site. And guess what? An extra <txp:comments_error wraptag="ul" break="li" /> was indeed added to the top of the ‘comment_form form…

#16 2008-01-27 17:08:49

els

ruud wrote:

In your diagnostics tab, look at the “PHP Server API” to see how PHP is used on your website.

Live install: PHP server API: cgi. But after upgrading the password protection now works!

Local install: PHP server API: cgi-fcgi. Here it doesn’t recognize the login and pass. (But that of course is not a problem for me.)

Last edited by els (2008-01-27 17:09:53)

#17 2008-01-27 17:09:24

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

<txp:comments_error wraptag="ul" break="li" />

Hey, I had that same thing happen. Did the update script accidentally replace a deprecated tab incorrectly?

#18 2008-01-27 17:09:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Looking good guys. All working sweetly after an upgrade from 4.0.5, thanks (I don’t use comments on this site though).

Couple of (very) minor things, probably not even directly related to 4.0.6:

1. Since the URLs for the ‘?’ help links are ‘static’ across versions, do you just change them the day 4.0.6 goes live? (e.g. for renaming the “hide e-mail address” & “syndicate excerpt” options?)
  2. Some of the help links (new options?) on the Advanced Prefs go to the “sorry” page. Affected items I noticed are 1) file directory path, 2) plugin cache directory path, 3) widowed titles, 4) mod_deflate compensation, 5) all custom fields.

Like Els, I’m not a fan of “negative logic” options like “Disallow user images” (‘yes’ by default) which should probably be “Allow user images” (‘no’ by default). I understand changing those things potentially impacts upgrades, and I can’t think of how to offer the ‘quick fix’ of rewording it like you did with the “hide e-mail” one… *ponder*

With regards plugins:

1. rss_db_admin_manager works with changes noted by Ruud above
  2. stm_javascript doesn’t show the Javascript tab under Presentation, and already has an add_privs line (mind you, the chances of it clashing with the core due to its violation of the “don’t pollute global namespace” rule is likely)
  3. smd_remote file: displays the upload box on the Files tab without using add_privs (ug?!) and also adds a box on the Edit File page under the new “replace file” box. This 2nd upload box currently will not work as expected if the file name is altered — it will instead create a new file from the given URL (I will investigate both these issues and supply an updated plugin soon)

Other than that, sweet. Excellent job.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-01-27 17:12:09)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#19 2008-01-27 17:10:52

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

hmmm….it certainly doesn’t look like it…

#20 2008-01-27 17:19:37

els

Walker wrote:

• The width increase on the write page is awesome.

Oh damn, I had to use ctrl-F5 to see that ;) Very nice!

#21 2008-01-27 17:38:50

els

In debugging mode, the pre-flight check now says

clean_url_data_failed: <pre>tag_error <b>&lt;txp:if_section name=&quot;&quot;&gt;</b> -> <b> Notice: Undefined variable: s on line 2772</b></pre>

(Debugging mode outputs a couple of tag errors about mdn_count and ako_ifBrowser, but it doesn’t output the code above…? I can’t find a page where that particular tag error occurs.)

In testing or live mode it is

clean_url_data_failed: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

But clean URLs work, and this did not happen in 4.0.5.

Last edited by els (2008-01-27 17:44:48)

#22 2008-01-27 17:46:19

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Els, do you by any chance have the rvm_maintenance plugin activated?

#23 2008-01-27 17:53:53

els

Ruud

Yes of course. Sorry about that! All is fine when I switch it off.

#24 2008-01-27 18:10:14

jm
Plugin Author
Website

en-us lang & prefs

• “Permalink title-like-this (default is TitleLikeThis)?” is incorrect since the default is always title-like-this (an underscore option would be great addition too :)
  • “Allow raw php?” should be “Allow raw PHP?”
  • Could “Automatically append comments to articles?” be set to No by default? Comments are often seen as black magic by beginners – it’d be simpler if the comments were called from the article.

Forms

• In the default form, <p class="tags"><txp:category1 title="1" link="1" />, <txp:category2 title="1" link="1" /></p> should use a conditional around the categories to avoid a stray comma if cat1 and/or cat2 isn’t used.
  • What is the purpose of <address class="vcard author">&#8212; <span class="fn"><txp:author /></span></address> when there’s no email address?
  • Could the default comments form be converted to a fieldset?
  • Indentation is inconsistent in forms – some forms like comment_form use tabs whereas others like comments_display don’t use any.

Content

• The default template should not create an about section if it does not create any about content.
  • Instead of the standard lipsum text in “First Post,” it’d be more helpful to have an intro to TXP text with links to TXP resource.

Board footer