Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2007-12-30 11:50:16

The-Exit
Website

Re: lam_image_uploader v0.6c (improved upload images from the write tab)

This is a wonderful plugin. Thank you for your effort!

#38 2007-12-30 22:46:29

Cliff Garber
Website

Steve,

Thanks a lot for the plugin! It’s running fine for me in Firefox but not in OmniWeb 5.6. I Does that mean it only works with the very latest webkit?

Cliff

#39 2007-12-30 23:37:54

maverick
Website

Cliff

fwiw – it is working for me in OmniWeb 5.6

Mike

#40 2007-12-30 23:57:28

Cliff Garber
Website

Hmm. Thanks, Mike. I just updated to 4.0.5 and the diagnostics are fine. Installing the plugin is a simple paste job. Activating the preferences wasn’t hard, either. There must be a simple answer. What’s happening, is that I’m seeing my login screen instead of the plugin fields.

Cliff

Last edited by Cliff Garber (2007-12-31 01:25:13)

#41 2007-12-31 03:20:23

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

pardon my mac-ignorance but i’ve never even heard of omniweb till now!

that ‘login screen in iframe’ issue has appeared for me as well when i was still using the original stm_image_uploader. this was in firefox 2 (for winXP) so i don’t think its a browser specific issue. mind you this has only happened to me about once in the past several months.

i would try logging out of txp, closing your browser and reopening it as it seems like sometimes the the iframe and main window gets out of ‘sync’. other than that i’m not really sure what causes it. its something to do with the embedded iframe and cookies/session for sure so i’ll take a harder look at it.

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-12-31 04:25:52)

#42 2007-12-31 03:58:31

maverick
Website

Cliff

The same problem has been seen in various browsers, on both Macs and Windows. I had the same thing begin happening in Safari last week. I tried logging out and clearing cookies but it didn’t help. Still worth a try, though. What finally worked in my situation was to go into Mac’s KeyChain app and deleting all the logins for the site I was having the problem with. Since entering a fresh username/password I haven’t had the problem again.

Mike

#43 2007-12-31 21:07:03

Cliff Garber
Website

Steve and Mike,

I tried both logging out of txp and quitting OmniWeb and deleting logins for the txp blog in the Mac Keychain app. iam_image_uploader works fine in Safari 2.0.4. Still get the login screen in OmniWeb. Thanks again for your help. I’ll keep trying.

Cliff

Steve wrote:

i would try logging out of txp, closing your browser and reopening it as it seems like sometimes the the iframe and main window gets out of ‘sync’. other than that i’m not really sure what causes it. its something to do with the embedded iframe and cookies/session for sure so i’ll take a harder look at it.

Mike wrote:

The same problem has been seen in various browsers, on both Macs and Windows. I had the same thing begin happening in Safari last week. I tried logging out and clearing cookies but it didn’t help. Still worth a try, though. What finally worked in my situation was to go into Mac’s KeyChain app and deleting all the logins for the site I was having the problem with. Since entering a fresh username/password I haven’t had the problem again.

#44 2008-01-01 16:45:05

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

still have no idea why it would particularly effect your omniweb browser. i have no mac so i can’t test at all. just curious what happens when you actually log in via the iframe?

just a slight update:

v0.6

changed caption input to textarea (thanks mrdale)

Last edited by iblastoff (2008-01-01 16:50:23)

#45 2008-01-01 18:11:04

maverick
Website

Happy New Year

Steve

Was the only change in v.0.6 to the caption input?

v0.5b is working perfectly in Safari 3.x, OmniWeb 5.6.x, and Firefox 3.x (beta).

v0.6 has the iframe login issue in all three browsers.

This time deleting the login info from the KeyChain didn’t fix it.

When I Revert to v0.5b all three work again. Its rather odd.

I know your stumped on the iFrame issue, and I’m content using 5.b for now. In case it might be helpful, here’s my observations.

In v0.6 I can log in via the iFrame. (I didn’t try posting an article to see if logging in the iFrame messed with the main browser login). If I close the browser and open a new one, or log out and back in, the iFrame does not remained logged in, and shows “invalid cookie”.

If it was a KeyChain issue, it would make sense that it was affecting all three browsers. That would suggest it should only effect Macs, though, and deleting the the relevant info should always fix it.

It if is a cookie issue, it shouldn’t affect all three browsers unless it has something to do with how textpattern itself is handling the cookie. At least that seems reasonable to me, but that may be my lack of knowledge showing :D

Edit: Egg on my face: “Cocoa has its own global “Cookie Storage”, which is used globally for all Cocoa web applications. So a cookie that is accepted in Safari can be accessed in iCab 4 or Shiira and all other Cocoa applications using this Cocoa Cookie storage.” OmniWeb is a Cocoa App, I don’t know if it uses Cocoa Cookie Storage. I would guess so since it uses WebKit, the same underpinnings as Safari. Firefox 3.x (code name – Minefield) on Mac is also a Cocoa based app I believe, and may be using the Cocoa Cookie storage.

In looking at the cookies being set by Textpattern (using v0.6, logging the iFrame in manually), I see

• txp_login (two versions – one with my login, one with my login plus what appears to be an encoded key after it.)
  • txp_login_public
  • testcookie

fwiw

Mike

Last edited by maverick (2008-01-01 18:32:11)

#46 2008-01-01 18:34:51

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

maverick: yah the only major change was the textarea for captions. i did a little refactoring that shouldn’t have affected anything related to cookies though. theres got to be some cookie testing i can add so it doesn’t act up like this..

hmm interesting..something else i just noticed is if i have my site url in txp preferences set to “sitename.com” but then proceed to “www.sitename.com”, then all of a sudden when i upload an image, i get a javascript error “Permission denied to get property Window.adjustIFrameSize” which means that the auto-resizing iframe function stops working and the whole upload form + thumbnail is stuck in an iframe with scrollbars. i’m assuming this has something to do with javascript and how it thinks i’m trying to do something with a different domain even though its the same address just with an appended ‘www’. pain in the ass..

edit: solved the www vs no www issue. had to read up on a bit of cross-domain security and should be fine with next release.

still need to figure out whats going on with the whole cookie/iframe issue though hmm.

Last edited by iblastoff (2008-01-01 19:07:04)

#47 2008-01-02 10:00:10

The-Exit
Website

i just wanted to second, that i also get the iFrame-Login. but in one of my textpattern-installations, the whole plugin is hidden :( can you offer the version 0.5b again for download?

#48 2008-01-02 14:10:16

maverick
Website

ibastoff

Mary’s image and file poppers, and wet’s quicklinks do something conceptually similar (except for opening a new window). How do they pull in their content?. Are they similar enough that their methods would work here?

Mike

Board footer