Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-12-24 15:24:59

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

[issue] Future articles being displayed

I’m confused.

I remember when I started using TxP, any article with a future date would not display, but it seems that’s not the case anymore.

On one of my sites, hcgtv, I publish a song lyric every couple of days. Usually, these articles are entered way before the date that they become “Live”. Oddly, I just noticed that I could display a future article, if I type out the url, like The Christmas Song

Maybe this expected behavior, to facilitate the View link on the Write tab?

I’m running: Textpattern version: 4.0.5 (r2466)

#2 2007-12-24 19:00:31

zero
Website

Re: [issue] Future articles being displayed

I’ve only had a need to preview future articles since 4.0.5 and I’ve always been able to do so by using the url. I find it handy and no problem, so I thought it was intended. Nobody’s going to guess your url unless they are really keen.

Have a great Christmas, Bert. Mine is slightly spoiled this year because I couldn’t find any chestnuts in the shops. They only stock a few and soon sold out. It’s like pumpkins at halloween. People round here just use them for lanterns and don’t realise how good pumpkin soup is and the shops never stock them. So I hope you’ve got chestnuts roasting on the open fire and have a real good time!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2007-12-25 17:17:24

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Peter, you have a great Xmas also.

#4 2007-12-28 01:51:38

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

This is caused by the fact that we now do a lookup for individual articles before the article tag is called (which is what places the restriction on past/future/all) in order to allow article form tags in pages.

#5 2007-12-28 03:17:43

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Oh, ok, I knew things had changed.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Board footer