Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2007-11-12 02:21:16

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: glz_custom_fields

Ok I found a temporary solution to the “only on front page” problem, untill next release fixes it.
I slightly modified the plugin code around line 861 replacing
$section = (!$section) ? ‘’ : “ and Section = ‘”.doSlash($section).”’”;
with
$section = ‘’;
and, apparently, all seems to be working ok now.

But now sections won’t work, because it will be always empty :) But yes, it will work I supose.

Last edited by Gocom (2007-11-12 02:22:20)

#62 2007-11-12 10:28:34

redbot
Plugin Author

Gocom wrote:

But now sections won’t work, because it will be always empty :) But yes, it will work I supose.

Hi Gocom, it must be clear I’m not a php expert :(
Nevertheless I can confirm sections and all the rest is working perfectly now, at least for me.
And, as I stressed in my previous post, this is only a temporary workaround – together with the one I mentioned in post #38 – intended for people needing the plugin to work now, untill next version is ready.

#63 2007-11-28 15:41:08

mrdale
Website

> hi gerhard…

netcarver suggests that you might want to roll functionality from his plugin into yours.

“My first thought on the matter is that it would probably be easier for glz_custom_fields to suck-in the functionality of this plugin.”

There are several hearty “yes-please” comments on that forum thread

How about it? Feel like putting on a Santa suit? Ho Ho Ho.

Last edited by mrdale (2007-11-28 15:42:29)

#64 2007-11-28 15:45:57

jelle

mrdale wrote:

netcarver suggests that you might want to roll functionality from his plugin into yours.

oooh….yes please! :)

#65 2007-11-28 17:07:33

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

mrdale, jelle

I see that something similar is already on Gerhard’s feature list for v2.

Steve

#66 2007-12-01 05:18:53

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Guys, this is just a super quickie, I am still around, just all over the place with the recent relocation, new job, old and huge freelancing projects which I’m working alongside my day job (you have no idea how much of the donations went towards coffee : )), need I say more?

My commute is long and comfortable enough to dedicate a bare minimum of time to glz_custom_fields, 1.0 FINAL is just around the corner, there is just the migration functionality to wrap up and a few minor bug fixes that were mentioned since my last visit here.

Hang on in there guys, Christmas is coming early this year ; ).

Last edited by gerhard (2007-12-01 05:20:37)

#67 2007-12-01 07:34:11

jelle

gerhard wrote:

Hang on in there guys, Christmas is coming early this year ; ).

Yay!

Thanks for all your hard work Gerhard!

#68 2007-12-04 03:21:52

hakjoon
Website

This is probably asking a lot but any possibibilty of making it so we could populate selects with the results of TXP functions? It would be great to be able to do say linklist(Array(category=> 'popular links', form => 'custom_field_form')) in order to populate the select with links from the popular links category. Custom queries would just be a plugin away then.

This would make a fantastic plugin even more fantastic.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#69 2007-12-05 13:54:52

jelle

I’d like to display my customfields directly under the article textarea instead of in the advanced options menu so it can be accessed easier. I’m looking through the plugin source for an easy hack. And though the source if very well commented I’m still pretty lost. Any tips anyone on how to do this.

#70 2007-12-05 15:15:03

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

jelle wrote:

I’d like to display my customfields directly under the article textarea instead of in the advanced options menu so it can be accessed easier. I’m looking through the plugin source for an easy hack. And though the source if very well commented I’m still pretty lost. Any tips anyone on how to do this.

not going to answer your question specifically but why not just have the advanced options panel be open by default? can be done with various plugins.

#71 2007-12-05 15:28:50

jelle

iblastoff wrote:

why not just have the advanced options panel be open by default?

That’s the way I have it working now. But I want my client to have a clear, logical layout. None of the other Advanced Options (textile settings, forms, keywords etc) are in use for this project so I don’t want these cluttering up the screen. I prefer to have the checkboxes, dropdown and textfields that glz_custom_fields outputs to be part of my clients content management process and. So I’d like them to be under the textarea instead of to the left.

#72 2007-12-05 15:34:00

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

jelle wrote:

iblastoff wrote:
why not just have the advanced options panel be open by default?

jelle wrote:

That’s the way I have it working now. But I want my client to have a clear, logical layout. None of the other Advanced Options (textile settings, forms, keywords etc) are in use for this project so I don’t want these cluttering up the screen. I prefer to have the checkboxes, dropdown and textfields that glz_custom_fields outputs to be part of my clients content management process and. So I’d like them to be under the textarea instead of to the left.

you can use ied_hide_in_admin to hide the other fields (textile, forms, keywords etc) you dont want. on the sites i have that are currently using glz_custom_fields, the only thing the user sees in the write tab is the main textarea box, the custom fields on the left, status of article and section/category to post in. everything else is hidden with the aforementioned plugin.

of course if you really want to move them underneath the write textarea i hope someone else can help you with that..though it seems more likely a core hack would be needed for that.

(gah the textile+quoting function on this board is terrible!)

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-12-05 15:37:40)

Board footer