Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#469 2007-11-05 17:14:28

Dawk

Re: ign_password_protect

Great plugin ;) bit confused still, but Ill get it.

Couple quick questions regarding ign_password_protect & mem_self register…
I’m using the alt db, new user privs=none & phone, address fields enabled. (was hoping to use the extra 2 for some different data possibly?)

1. Is there a <txp:mem_user_input /> for mem_user_edit_form like there is for mem_self_register_form?
I’m currently using a <txp:ign_user_field /> for a <txp:mem_user_input /> with mem_user_edit_form as its the only one that won’t work, even the alt fields display with their correct values.

All work fine & save data to the alt db using mem_self_register_form, but…
with mem_user_edit_form

<txp:mem_realname_input /> = textfield w/value
<txp:mem_user_input /> = NOTHING
<txp:mem_email_input /> = textfield w/value
<txp:mem_address_input /> = textarea w/value
<txp:mem_phone_input /> = textfield w/value

<txp:ign_user_field /> works to replace <txp:mem_user_input />, but displays no value & seems to be choking on closing tags when I try to create a dynamic value with a txp tag.

Any more experienced TXP devs interested in a quick pay gig?
I just purchased Gerhard’s custom field plugin & haven’t even looked at it yet, seeing where I could get without it first on this basic reg system.
Next is trying to attach an ID to each user, using the Article_ID & <txp:ign_hidden_field />
I’m about to where some more experienced help would be welcome lol

Thanks a bunch,
TXP rocks! ;)

Last edited by Dawk (2007-11-05 18:19:06)

#470 2007-11-07 20:01:02

Dawk

Why does <txp:ign_hidden_field name="myname" value="myvalue" /> output a login button that ignores the name?
<input type="submit" name="" value="myvalue" />
was expecting a
<input type="hidden" name="myname" value="myvalue" />
from a
<txp:ign_hidden_field name="myname" value="myvalue" />

Also, what is the proper way to use a self closing txp tag as a value?
ie.
<txp:ign_hidden_field value="<txp:article_id />" />
I end up with “ /> when rendered from the first closing tag in the value.

Thanks

P.S. Nobody wants a pay gig or what? :p

Last edited by Dawk (2007-11-07 20:04:13)

#471 2007-11-19 22:35:12

adster101

Hi there. This looks like a great plugin. I have a question. I am considering converting a site so that it runs on textpattern. In the future I will need the ability to provide a password protected area and content to users who register their interest. Will this plugin allow me to register users via a registration form or will I have to add each user manually? Sorry if this question is answered somewhere on this thread already but there are too many pages to read them all!

Any advice much apprecitated.

#472 2007-11-19 22:43:37

igner
Plugin Author

This plugin doesn’t allow self-reigstration, but you can use this plugin in conjunction with the mem_self_register plugin to allow end users to…well… self-register.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#473 2007-11-20 00:34:39

adster101

;-)

Thank you.

#474 2007-12-05 16:09:28

milkshake
Website

It seems the remember cookie (ign_stay) is not getting set — it always has the value “0”.

Anyone else have this problem?

Update: After looking through the plugin code, it seems you have to use <txp:ign_checkbox name='stay' value='1' /> in your form to set the cookie. I was just using <txp:ign_checkbox />

A sidenote: <txp:ign_show_login form="login_form" remember="1" /> doesn’t seem to have any effect (0/1, included or not)

Last edited by milkshake (2007-12-05 16:24:36)

#475 2007-12-05 17:21:34

igner
Plugin Author

milkshake wrote:

A sidenote: <txp:ign_show_login form="login_form" remember="1" /> doesn’t seem to have any effect (0/1, included or not)

Yes, that was a casualty of the migration to TXP forms for rendering the plugin output. You can create your own TXP form to do this, for example:

<div class='login'>
 <p><span class='error'><txp:ign_error_msg >There was a problem logging in.</txp:ign_error_msg></span></p>
 <p><label>Name:<br />
	 <txp:ign_user_field />
 </label><br />
 <label>Password:<br />
	 <txp:ign_pass_field />
 </label><br />
 <label>Remember Me? <txp:ign_checkbox name='stay' value='1' checked='1' /></label>
 <txp:ign_submit_field name='login' value='Login'/></p>
</div>

Then just call <txp:ign_show_login form='your_form' /> and remember be will default to checked.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#476 2007-12-06 06:27:18

milkshake
Website

Thanks for the clarification igner. One for the docs :)

#477 2007-12-16 22:14:19

robin746
Website

I thought this plugin was for me but now am not so sure. I want to protect certain pages (or a section) from users unless they have logged in to the admin side. I do not want to force them through another login step. Will the plugin do this? Or do you know another method?

robin

#478 2007-12-19 15:11:22

spacewalk

Using ign_password_protect 0.5b4… I’m now trying this and having the same problem as marcus.

1. I’m logging in (on the public side, via the plugin) as “tester1”.
  2. If I hard-wire a category name like this: <txp:ign_if_logged_in><txp:file_download_list category="tester1" /></txp:ign_if_logged_in> I get exactly what I want: a list of file downloads that have been assigned the category “tester1”.
  3. Furthermore, if I state the following, all by itself somewhere in the article: <txp:ign_user_info type="name">, I get the printed output “tester1” which is exactly right.
  4. BUT, if I try to pass a dynamic category attribute (with asy_wondertag), like this: <txp:asy_wondertag><txp:file_download_list category="<txp:ign_user_info type="name" />" /></txp:asy_wondertag>, I get no output of file download list whatsoever. No errors, either. Just nothing.

Makes no sense to me. And apparently it’s working for at least one other person here in the forums who is doing exactly what I need to do.

Any thoughts?

igner wrote:

Right – what I was trying to suggest is that you need to work it out using a static value for the category until you get the desired results, and then use the technique you were trying before (asy_wondertag + ign_current_user) to convert it to a dynamic process.

Last edited by spacewalk (2007-12-19 15:13:45)

#479 2007-12-26 19:08:35

variaas
Plugin Author
Website

@igner – with the recent changes in SVN to allow the front-end to know if someone is logged into the TXP backend, have you considered updating the plugin to utilize this?

#480 2007-12-27 21:20:14

draganbabic
Website

Does anyone know where can I get the usable version of this plugin? I have the ign_password_protect v0.4.2d and it doesn’t seem to work properly (I can’t get it to output the currently logged user’s username from <txp:ign_logged_user display=“name” /> or <txp:ign_user_info type=“name”>).

What I’m trying to achieve is literally this (#478 from this thread).

Last edited by draganbabic (2007-12-27 21:20:46)

Board footer