Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2007-10-25 16:37:19

Alex007

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] Beginning (update and merge of pfa_beginning + ede_beginning)

Hi

I am new to textpattern and have just installed your plugin, but seem to have done something wrong.

Pasted the plugin in and installed then i set the plugin to active.

Went into my default page and added this in the content
<txp:beginning length="50" format="inside" linktext="Read More" styleclass="morelink" cfield="continue" />

But i seem to be getting the following errors

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: length on line 605

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: format on line 605

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: linktext on line 605

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: styleclass on line 605

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: cfield on line 605

Tag error: <txp:beginning length=“50” format=“inside” linktext=“Read More” styleclass=“morelink” cfield=“continue” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Article tags cannot be used outside an article context on line 1887

Have i messed up my tags?

Thanks for the help.

#74 2007-10-25 18:22:55

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] Beginning (update and merge of pfa_beginning + ede_beginning)

Alex, try rss_auto_excerpt instead.

#75 2007-10-25 18:24:08

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Alex007,

Put the <txp:beginning length="50" format="inside" linktext="Read More" styleclass="morelink" cfield="continue" /> inside a article form. And consider of using rss_auto_excerpt , it works properly.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gocom (2007-10-25 18:25:42)

#76 2007-10-26 14:27:00

merz1
Website

Yep, I also want to add my love for rss_auto_excerpt. Very nice features! I am using it on my front page. To get the h4 too (or other tags) you have to exclude them from being stripped by changing the plugins source code.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#77 2007-11-06 21:34:23

ohdeer

How do I place this plugin at my blog?
Im still a bit new with textpattern so Im just wondered where and how I should put this plugin? In the article-form or in the code in the defaultpage?
I could really need this plugin so I hope someone could write how to do.

Board footer