Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-10-28 11:23:42

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

My featured TXP back-end

Hi everybody.

Today, I would like to show you my TXP featured back-admin. Hope, Core Developers could find some ideas to improve our great CMS.
Cause images are more simple vs very bad explanations, you can see a screenshot here

What is your opinion about this?

Best regards,

Last edited by Pat64 (2007-10-28 18:11:52)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#2 2007-10-28 14:04:47

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Re: My featured TXP back-end

oh wow. very nice!!! can’t say much more without actually trying it but thats some nice work you’ve done so far.

#3 2007-10-28 14:42:56

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

:) Iblastoff, if you want to try it in real life, send me an email, I can create an acount for you within this kind of back-end.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#4 2007-10-28 23:06:22

jakob
Admin
Website

Some impressive ideas in that Patrick. I like the thickbox preview, the text-sizing and and textarea sizing. They are some simple UI things that make using it easier and don’t disrupt the workflow so much. Your arrangement looks quite clear too.

Don’t mind the tabs either – they remind me of this back-end of mine from a while back ;-)

I’ve always shied away from implementing those tinytag-button things (I forget what they’re called) because pressing “B” or “I” doesn’t actually make the text bold with textile, but yours have more sensible buttons – maybe I should revisit them.

How do the “+files” and “+images” work? Are they Mary’s image popper plug-in. I’ve not tried those either (I tend to work multiple tabs with different panes from the back-end) – maybe that’s something else I should revisit in more detail.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2007-10-29 08:22:02

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Jakob!

Don’t mind the tabs either – they remind me of this back-end of mine from a while back ;-)

Absolutly, it’s yours with some changes in it.

How do the “+files” and “+images” work? Are they Mary’s image popper plug-in. I’ve not tried those either (I tend to work multiple tabs with different panes from the back-end) – maybe that’s something else I should revisit in more detail.

This tabs open corresponding part of the back-end into new windows. I also changed the initial “text” “html” “preview” tabs for more convenient use. The only TXP default come from the difficulty to add images into an article, in my opinion. The only good idea into Jomla is the possibility to attach lot of elements into the “write” panel.

Cause jQuery is the “official” javascript framwork adopted within TXP, perhaps Core Developers could added this kind of features directly into the core. The preview is inspered from Joomla, the text-resizing from MovableType and the resizable textarea from WordPress and Drupal CMS. I added some fadding effect for the events messages too. Associated with a very clean and modern design, like Mefisto one for example, TXP back-end could be the most beautyfull CMS in the world…

Patrick.

#6 2007-10-29 09:07:02

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

hey patrick, just letting you know, i left you an email via this forum.

#7 2007-11-01 16:46:19

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

i had the opportunity to try out the admin area and it was very refreshing! the thickbox preview in particular was handy for sure. the one thing i had noticed was that the ‘recent articles’ on/off switch usually on the leftside of the write panel didn’t seem to work anymore? not sure.

either way, i hope the core devs can find the time to check it out as well. i know they’re scrambling to get the back-end basics done first before presentation comes into play, but wouldn’t hurt to peak!

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-11-01 16:47:12)

#8 2007-11-01 19:02:26

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Steve.

Based on your example, I just added the excellent sencer’s dasboard plugin with some changes :

This one display a random positive thought as a welcome message grabed within a table ;
the total article number and total comment number are include into the form with some PHP row ;
the total of pending comments is shown with a link to its (the original plugin is modified for that).

There are no problems with the related articles : I just try it and all is fine.

Cheers,

Last edited by Pat64 (2007-11-01 19:35:28)

Patrick.

#9 2007-12-08 21:41:56

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

hey pat, just curious if the thickbox preview was something that took a while to implement? is it something that could be shared for others to possibly use?

#10 2007-12-09 18:48:25

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Sure Steve, absolutly :)

Remember, the purpose of this topic was to share some ideas with Txp Core Developers.
This preview was inspired from Joomla back-end.
So, cause this kind of feature isn’t implemented by default, you need a [little] hack :(

1.° open /teextpattern/include/txp_article.php (near the line #452) and change the code by this one :

if ( ($Status == 4 or $Status == 5) and $step != 'create')
			{
				include_once txpath.'/publish/taghandlers.php';
				echo sp.sp.'<a href="'.permlinkurl_id($ID).'/?TB_iframe=true&amp;height=500&amp;width=750" class="thickbox no-script" title="'.gTxt('view_article').'">'.gTxt('view').'</a><a href="'.permlinkurl_id($ID).'" class="with-script" target="_blank">'.gTxt('view').'</a>';
			}

2.° open /textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php and add this lines into the <head> of the back-end html page :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/thickbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
 <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-compressed.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="js/thickbox.js"></script>

3.° Obviously, you need to add all corresponding files within “js” and “css” directories :)

…And Voilà you have a beautiful thickbox preview of your articles directly into your back-end.

P.S. Don’t sure you need target=”_blank” into the link below ; don’t sure you need jquery-compressed.js librairy (cause jquery is still present within TXP). I’d made this a long time ago and I haven’t time now to verify that. Sorry.

Last edited by Pat64 (2007-12-09 19:47:17)

Patrick.

#11 2007-12-09 21:03:24

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

thank you for the info pat!

i’ll be sure to try it out when i’ve the time. i hope txp developers can possibly look at the work you’ve done and possibly get some ideas as well.

#12 2008-01-25 23:30:19

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m a bit late coming to this one but thanks for the code Patrick. I have implemented it using the included jsquery.js file and with the “_blank” removed though that depends on your preference for opening new tabs or not.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer