Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-10-10 17:30:27

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

A Bit Blue - a Textpattern admin theme.

Yes! Another one. After much prodding in the ribs from Matthew over at Squared Eye to produce a “branded” admin interface for him I continued to work on the resulting design until I ended up with this.

I started with Dan Hoy’s interpretation which I liked because of it’s bolder presentation and lack of images and just kept going from there.

I’ve added the select box back into the header.

The login details and login text button can be set to “display: none;” if you don’t want them as can the Textpattern links at the top of the page. I find that I am always going to these places for reference when doing a design so I made them conveniently available.

The select box at the bottom is still there but set to “display: none;” so you can bring that back if you want.

The Textpattern links and the “View Site” tab open new pages or tabs depending on your browser. I prefer it that way.

The site name in the graphic is set to pick up the site_name directly from your install. If you prefer, you can create a logo to place in the /txp_img/ directory and the CSS for using it is included but commented-out.

With one or two exceptions all the “border” and “background” CSS has been separated out and placed at the bottom of the CSS. This should make it easier to change the colour formatting if you wish. I haven’t separated the text colours.

The CSS is placed in the “Style” tab so it is easy to modify and see immediate results. Having said that you still need a copy in the normal place as the “tag builder” windows call directly from there. I’m afraid the code for those windows is in another file and I don’t want to change too many of them.

The style requires a new txplib_head file and images.

As far as I can tell it works in FF2. * , Safari3 (Win), Opera 9. * , IE6 and IE7.

There is probably other stuff I’ve forgotten to mention.

A Bit Blue.zip (Textpattern admin theme.) v0.7
(Version history is on the Textgarden site)

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-11-30 14:59:57)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#2 2007-10-10 21:21:33

NeilA
Website

Re: A Bit Blue - a Textpattern admin theme.

Nice job Stuart!

Would like to see it made available…

Cheers

Neil – Blue Mountains, Australia

http://westserve.org
http://ministrygrounds.net.au

#3 2007-10-11 17:40:49

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

I really like it, especially the moved logout box.

#4 2007-10-11 17:57:05

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I like that blue colour. Especially the light blue colour.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#5 2007-10-11 21:36:16

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve added a download link above.

@Manfre – The logout at the top is additional. There is still a nice, big, red button at the bottom. I was forever scrolling to the bottom of a page to save something and clicking on the wrong button so I made it a little more distinctive.

@marios – I like blue too but as I mentioned above I’ve tried to make the CSS a little bit more friendly for those that don’t.

@NeilA – Thanks. Your wish is my command.

Thanks to all of you. :)

Stuart

#6 2007-12-10 21:15:14

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Version 0.2 now available which includes button images for the logout in the top_nav plus an extra selector for the newly added visual clue for future articles (r2725).

There might be some other mods but as I am always messing with this thing I can’t remember. Download link at the top has been modified.

Stuart

#7 2007-12-11 15:58:47

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Stuart,

I tried out v0.2 of “A Bit Blue” yesterday evening. I loaded up a new directory using r2733 into XAMPP and followed your instructions. I like where you’re heading with Step #7, copying the textpattern.css into a Style in the Presentation tab. This gives us easier tweaking capabilities and opens up the possibility of trying out different styles with a copy/paste.

#8 2008-01-15 16:35:51

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

No problem. :)

Stuart

#9 2008-02-19 18:18:57

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

We are now up to v0.6 which is only suitable for TXP 4.0.6 and up. Some minor mods to the header styling but there are new images you can look at and a change log on Textgarden

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-02-19 18:19:17)

Stuart

Board footer