Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-06-12 06:18:35

thekolonel
Archived Plugin Author
Website

[plugin] [ORPHAN] akw_archive: Date-based archive list

Allows you to create an archived list of entries grouped by date, like this (<acronym title=“Not Safe for Work”>NSFW</acronym>). An example from my journal template:

<code><txp:akw_archive limit=“1000” archiveform=“entry_list” monthform=“entry_excerpt” form=“entry_full” headwrap=“h3” daywrapclass=“day-list” dayitemclass=“day” postwrapclass=“post-list” /></code>

This plugin requires the akw_date_aware plugin. Don’t forget to create the proper forms.

Grab a copy at http://www.nakedloftparty.com/txp_plugins/. It’s the akw_archive_plugin zip file.

Last edited by thekolonel (2004-06-12 06:23:07)

#2 2004-06-12 09:08:21

Caged
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] akw_archive: Date-based archive list

Excellent work, this will come in handy.

Cheers -Justin

Isolated-Designs http://www.isolated-designs.net/core

#3 2004-06-15 01:59:12

kaebin

thanks a lot!!
are there any special actions i have to take to get it to work, i installed the plugin and tried your code, but nothing shows up.

it works on my default page, but not in my archive page

Last edited by kaebin (2004-06-15 12:33:06)

#4 2004-06-15 16:00:13

kennethlove666
Website

same problem as Kaebin.
Is there any way to make it fetch entries from another section or something?

Listen to Kenneth

#5 2004-06-17 18:29:01

thekolonel
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I need more info on exactly how you’re trying to use the tag.

#6 2004-06-17 20:17:24

kennethlove666
Website

i’d like to have an ‘archive’ section that lists the articles from each month. but if i crh section and use your tag (as you have it) it doesn’t show anything (‘cause there’s nothing posted to archive?). is there a way to make it show month-by-month articles for a different section?

Listen to Kenneth

#7 2004-06-18 19:13:45

thekolonel
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The tag pulls articles from the section in which it resides. In your case you’d put the switcher tag in your “blather” section.

#8 2004-06-24 22:29:12

rajo

This seems like a great plugin although I have not been able to get it to work in the way a I would like yet. I was wondering if it was possible to display the list of posts by month and the single full article on the same page. Meaning, if someone selects a permalink from the articles listed by month they would load into the single article tag. So far I have been able to show both on the same page but the the link list of articles (txp:akw_archive) does not seem to load anything and the single article tag (txp:akw_doArchiveArticles) doesn’t seem to show the post body even though the form it’s using has the body in it. Am I setting this up wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#9 2004-06-29 19:27:42

thekolonel
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The latest versions of this plugin and date aware are up.

Rajo, that is the intended behavior. Load the new version and then let me know if you’re still having problems getting it to work.

#10 2004-06-29 21:11:35

rajo

Thank you, the combination of the date aware article plugin (which I am using to show the full single article) and the month list seem to be doing what I need. However, I was wondering if there was a way to list the individual entries associated with each month as permalinks in the akw_month_list?

#11 2004-07-02 03:49:15

tkn
Website

I have a quick question about hacking this plugin. I am only marginally comfortable with php, so this is probably relatively simple, but I want my monthly archive list to be a select versus a list. So far so good, I’ve modified this function as follows:

function akw_formatMonthHref($linktext,$title,$section,$category,$url_y,$url_m)
{
… case 1: $section = ($section == ‘default’) ? ‘’ : $section.’/’; $category = ($category) ? ‘?c=’.$category : ‘’; $url_y = ($category) ? a.‘y=’.$url_y : ‘’.$url_y; $url_m = a.‘m=’.$url_m; return ‘<option value=”’.$url_y.’&’.$url_m.’”’.$title.’>’.$linktext.’</option>’;

I have the form set up to have a name of y, so I eliminated the y= portion of the url created. However, although it builds a list, the links have a lot of junk in them and appear as:

http://www.nagpal.info/article/?y=2004%26%26m%3D07

instead of

http://www.nagpal.info/article/?y=2004&m=07

Anyone have any suggestions how to further alter the plugin, or a better way to use a select to get this form of archive?

UPDATE: This is a problem with Apache’s parsing of URLS, so I don’t think I will be able to get this hack to work as I would need to pass a full date string to the archive and this would require way more php skills than I have.

Last edited by tkn (2004-07-02 15:22:58)

#12 2004-07-03 23:40:07

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

I’ve run into a few minor problems with this plugin:

When using <txp:akw_archive /> to generate a list of entries (which, as far as I know, calls akw_doArchiveArticles), the link for each month looks like the following:

<code><a href=”/~kurt/journal/article/?y=2004&m=07” title=” title=“Excerpts for July 2004>July</a></code>

The concern here is with the way the title attribute is formatted…I’m not sure what causes it to come out that way.

I am using Textpattern 1.19, as well as the latest versions of akw_archive and akw_date_aware.

Last edited by KurtRaschke (2004-07-04 18:33:30)

kurt@kurtraschke.com

Board footer