Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#541 2007-06-24 00:39:09

vinche7

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Hi,

on wilshireone’s website (http://wilshireone.com/lab), the rss_suparchive_bycat example 1 has the showcatcount wrapped in span tags. How can I do the same?

btw

dmarino wrote:

I’m having trouble with the rss_suparchive_menu plugin – It’s displaying the months properly, but when I click on the month, it shows my default display. Hard to explain, see www.iamdanielmarino.com/blog to see what I’m talking about. Do I need to have my links set up in the preferences as /YYYY/MM in order to work properly?

You use the attribute “linktosection” to specifiy a section that you have rss_suparchive running. Rss_suparchive in that section will detect what articles to extract.

Last edited by vinche7 (2007-06-24 00:43:26)

#542 2007-07-16 03:21:54

kimguan

How do I user forms with rss_superarchive? Whenever I specify a form to use, nothing is output. From an earlier post, this is a known issue that is supposed to be fixed after a “stable release”. Is the use of forms still broken?

Using txp 4.0.4, rss_superarchive 0.18

The tag: <txp:rss_superarchive form="listing2" />

The code for “listing2” (article form):
<p><txp:hak_article_thumb limit="1" /> <txp:custom_field name="code" /> <txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink> (<txp:category1 title="1" />)<br /> <small><txp:permlink /> &middot; <txp:posted /></small></p>

Thanks for any help.

#543 2007-08-27 05:34:45

mascara

Hi, Can anyone help?

I’ve got error message saying: Tag error: <txp:rss_suparchive section=“article” linktosection=“archives” dateformat=“F Y” catstart=”“ addbreak=“1” showcats=“1” showsubdate=“1” subdatesep=” :: “ /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: linktosection on line 605

but I am using the tag as specified like this: <txp:rss_suparchive_bycat section=“article” linktosection=“archives” datesep=” &raquo; “ showdate=“1” />. What’s wrong with the linktosection attribute? I don’t quite see it.

I’d very much appreciate any comments! Thanks very much.

#544 2007-08-27 13:41:07

rayne
Website

According to your post, You are using rss_suparchive. According to the instructions you wrote out, the tag that includes linktosection is rss_suparchive_bycat

Rayne
mama love

#545 2007-08-28 23:36:30

mascara

Hey thanks Rayne, it fixes it! Thanks a lot!
-marco

#546 2007-09-07 03:51:07

atbradley
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve been tinkering with my site lately, and I’ve found that, apparently, if_first_article and if_last_article don’t work with article lists generated by rss_suparchive—content inside a <txp:if_first_article>...</txp:if_first_article> block doesn’t ever appear if the article form is called by rss_suparchive. Is this a known limitation, or a bug, or did I just break something?

#547 2007-09-21 06:00:35

yuggaz

when I try to use rss_suparchive_bycat, i receive only the articles listed under the default text pattern categories, not the one that I use rss_unlimited_categories to assign more than 2 categories to articles.

Is there a way to fix that or i am doing something wrong.

Thanks

#548 2007-09-21 06:29:50

neatopotato
Website

Is it possible to output the following using rss_superarchive?

date
   [article image] [cust field 1] [article title] [cat1]
date
... etc

If so, how? I’ve been pulling my hair out over this one. Forms don’t work (I just get blank output). Any help much appreciated. If it can’t be done use rss_superarchive, any suggestions on how to do this would be very welcome. Many thanks.

Last edited by neatopotato (2007-09-21 06:36:18)

#549 2007-09-23 17:12:59

lennie

I have been scouring this board for an answer. I saw the same question asked but no answer.

The rss_suparchive_menu plugin works great, except, it’s displaying the months properly, but when I click on the month, it shows my default page with all posts.

You can see here: http://www.wildfoodplants.com/

Would really love to solve this. . .

Thanks in advance,

Lennie

#550 2007-09-23 20:52:24

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

You need to use the “linktosection” attribute to tell the menu links which section you are using to display your archive. If you haven’t done so already you should create a specific section for your archives such as “archive” and a page template for it. Your plug-in code should go into this new page template and the “linktosection” attribute should point to “archive”. Your archive would then display underneath the menu.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#551 2007-09-23 21:24:26

michael_climactic

Hello,

I edited rss_suparchive to create archive links of events created by the zem_event plugin, now I need to create a proper archive of textpattern posts. My question is, can I install a second copy of rss_suparchive, or edit the first installation so it’s seen as a different plugin and then reinstall a fresh one to handle normal posts? Any advice you have is appreciated.

I edited the code so it outputs “?date=[YEAR]-[MONTH]” in the URL to match what I needed for zem_event. Thank you!

#552 2007-09-23 21:47:11

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

When you edited the rss_suparchive, if you re-name the function to something like rss_zemarchive, you could then copy the original rss_suparchive function back in. In your tags you could then call either <txp:rss_zemarchive /> or <txp:rss_suparchive /> depending on which one you wanted.

Last edited by thebombsite (2007-09-23 21:47:42)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer