Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#289 2007-07-27 18:27:22

mwillse
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

“tru_tags_if_tag_parameter_has_articles” is a very long tag!

usually, we want to show tags that have articles. but there might be some exceptions when you would want to show a tag that doesn’t have articles. do you think that an “if no articles” tag would be better for dealing with the exceptions instead of protecting from errors during general use?

could this be an attribute? 1 = generate a tag only if it has articles. 0 = generate tag regardless.

your idea to go to the error page seems like a safe solution. in the future, maybe 404 could be default, but a different destination could be given as an attribute. noarticles=”/blog/deprecated-tags”

thanks for the great plugin!

#290 2007-07-27 18:45:50

mwillse
Website

To clarify, does this plugin have the ability to show related articles? Eitehr based on the current articles tags or on parameters put in the txp:tag? Is this in consideration for future versions? thnx…

#291 2007-07-27 19:49:04

andreas
Website

I have a bit of trouble with the <txp:tru_tags_handler /> tag. As I understand it, it should accept the allowoverride attribute. I’ve got this in my page template;

<txp:tru_tags_handler allowoverride="0" form="default" listform="articleList" pgonly="0" />

Both the “default” and “articleList” should display a header-only version of my articles in a list. However, I’ve got a few articles which override the standard form and also do this in the tag search – even though I have allowoverride="0" in the tag.

Am I getting it wrong or is this a bug?

#292 2007-08-13 12:49:10

andreas
Website

Nobody else having the “allowoverride” problem?

#293 2007-08-13 16:16:03

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All – just an apology for my long absence, and a warning that it will continue for a few weeks. I’ve been on work travel, vacation, more work travel, and now I have to catch up from it all. I have a small pile of notes and questions that I will eventually follow up on – just not quite yet. Again, sorry for the delay.

#294 2007-08-28 12:07:02

Rigel
Website

Hi,

It is possible to show in the tagcloud only the tags of a category or section?

Thanks.

#295 2007-08-28 12:26:29

andreas
Website

Yes, you can either exclude a section or limit the tags to (a) section(s). See the tag reference and scroll down to tru_tags_cloud / tru_tags_list

#296 2007-08-28 16:56:57

Rigel
Website

Thanks andreas. I have read the reference and tru_tags_cloud always do not work for a only section. I use the atributte section in tru_tags_cloud but it isn’t results.

#297 2007-08-28 17:26:24

andreas
Website

I see. So it seems that there are some problems with attributes to that tag. I also had troble with allowoverride not working.

Maybe we’re lucky and Truist will fix these issues once he’s back.

Last edited by andreas (2007-08-28 17:27:47)

#298 2007-09-02 21:19:30

aswihart
Website

Some of my clean urls aren’t working. I just have been playing around with tru_tags on my local installation, so I can’t show you. Simply put though, if I type a dirty url in for the tag that isn’t working, the page loads correctly. Also, the majority of my tags are working correctly with the clean url. Anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT: I just realized the problem: I had identical category and tag names for the ones that weren’t working, just had to delete my stinking categories, now everything’s good, awesome plugin, wish I’d tried it sooner.

Last edited by aswihart (2007-09-02 22:45:51)

#299 2007-09-03 12:52:49

minitrue

Hmm, does anyone have an idea if it’s possible to make build the tagcloud only with recent articles? As the database with articles keeps on growing, it seems to me that recent tags with articles are more important than old articles with their tags.

#300 2007-09-12 12:39:00

Paul_U
Website

Hi, just put together my first site with textpattern, and I must say I like it a lot. I was just having some minor problems with this plugin:

Was having some trouble with a tag that included an ampersand in it’s name. At the end of the ‘tru_tags_render_cloud’ function, it’s only getting escaped with ‘htmlspecialchars’ in one case (generatelinks) out of three. After fixing this, the activeclass wasn’t getting assigned properly in a tag cloud, since it was comparing escaped with unescaped versions. Adding

$tag_search_tag = function_exists("htmlspecialchars_decode") ? htmlspecialchars_decode($tag_search_tag) : html_entity_decode($tag_search_tag);

directly after setting ‘$tag_search_tag’ fixed this.

Also, in debugging mode it gives some warnings (mildly annoying since it also messes up your feeds) complaining ‘Keywords’ isn’t an index. Also fixed that quickly.

Might be worth fixing these in the plugin? I could of course upload the modified php somewhere if that’s useful.

Board footer