Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#589 2007-07-30 17:58:30

aswihart
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] vdh_flickr

I figured it out, I forgot about a vdh_flickr tag somewhere that still had clean_urls="1" in it.

aswihart wrote:

Ralph, I still can’t figure this out. I wonder if you might have some idea about what’s going on, because this is really killing the navigation of my gallery at this point. Clicking the Next and Previous thumbnail links, as well as the current image tags, when on the img form, does not work because these links are staying “clean” for some odd reason. I don’t know what else to do.

aswihart wrote:

I’m temporarily using dirty urls with vdh_flickr, but some of the links generated by tags like <txp:vdh_flickr_img_next> and <txp:vdh_flickr_img_tags /> continue to be “clean”, and I can’t get them to be dirty. I tried uncommenting the part in the code that says:

global $clean_urls;
$clean_urls = 0;

…but it doesn’t seem to work. I have clean_urls=“0” set in the main vdh_flickr tag as well, so not sure why those links are staying “clean” when I want them dirty. Any thoughts?

Last edited by aswihart (2007-07-30 18:01:41)

#590 2007-08-06 20:26:15

jonhicks
Website

Apologies if this has been asked for already, but could you consider adding the ability to use a custom field to specify the set number?

Here’s how I want to use it:
  1. Create a custom field, such as “flickr”, and use that to enter the set number
  2. Add the tag to the article form, with an attribute
  3. Then when viewing that article, the thumbnails for the set specified are displayed

I’ve tried using the asy_wondertag plugin to output the custom field data into the set attribute, but this results in a ‘Fatal error: Call to a member function isValid() on a non-object’ error.

Or does anyone know of another way around this?

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#591 2007-08-06 20:36:44

andreas
Website

As a variation on what jonhicks asked, an ideal functionality for me would be, if I could associate the images of one tag easily with an article. Just a thought and an innocent entry on the wishlist :–).

Last edited by andreas (2007-08-06 20:37:38)

#592 2007-08-07 18:31:03

ralph

I like your suggestions, but I don’t know when I will be able to realize them. Everything will be put on the wishlist, and hopefully we will see a new version soon.

#593 2007-08-07 19:05:50

jonhicks
Website

Thanks Ralph! In the meantime, I’ve discovered how to do this using the wondertag! You need to wrap it around the vhd_flickr tag, not put it inside the attribute:

<pre><code><txp:asy_wondertag>
<txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails nsid=“123456789@N00” set=”<txp:custom_field name=“Flickr” />” />
</txp:asy_wondertag></code></pre>

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#594 2007-08-16 14:04:37

fcraven

Please pardon my question if it’s stupid or ill-informed. It’s been a while since I’ve hit websites with gusto, and I’m a little rusty. A friend of mine wants to add a gallery to his company web site. “OK”, I said, I know I’ve seen this done, and I know people have used flickr to do it, so let’s give it a try. With the various pluggins available, I gravitated to vdh_flickr.

I installed it on my test site with interesting results. Everything goes fine until I actually enter the flickr link <txp:vdh_flickr nisd= “11445589@N02” /> into an article. If the article is live, then the entire website goes blank. no text, no HTML, just blank. Interestingly if I paste it into the section page, only the section goes blank. Tried it with another site with the same results. The back end (textpattern) is always available.

So, what up with that? I’m hoping it is some stupid error.

My servers are hosted by Pair. Using Textpattern 4.0.4 and 4.0.5. Tried with vhd_flickr 8.10 and 8.11. With these things I can usually figure them out, but the blank page is throwing me for a loop.

I will be scouring the support forum, but any help is appreciated. By the way. All the examples I have seen look exactly like what I want to do.

Fred

#595 2007-08-16 17:51:09

mwillse
Website

I’ve had trouble, but nothing that extreme. I would:

1. make sure you have php 5 (Admin > Diagnostics)
  2. delete and reinstall the plugin
  3. check the tag trace in debugging mode to see where things break down
  4. make sure you have straight quotes not “curly quotes”

hope that helps…

#596 2007-08-16 21:24:28

fcraven

mwillse wrote:

I’ve had trouble, but nothing that extreme. I would:

1. make sure you have php 5 (Admin > Diagnostics)
  2. delete and reinstall the plugin
  3. check the tag trace in debugging mode to see where things break down
  4. make sure you have straight quotes not “curly quotes”

Well the first issue may be the problem! After much consternation and an eventual “DOH!” I discorvered that my server has php 4.3.1, Now the question becomes, can I move it to php5? I seem to recall doing something like this a while ago, but it was on my computer, not at Pair. When I do such things I always like to talk to someone who knows what they are doing, least bad things happen. So, thats in the works.

The strange thing about it is the error it caused. Why would it blank out everything?

#597 2007-08-17 02:30:20

aswihart
Website

That happens to everyone

#598 2007-08-17 22:29:23

mwillse
Website

I’ve had some hosts activate php 5 in a day. Another has been telling me all summer they need to update their control panel software before they can do it. I understand it’s complex, but php 5 is quite a few years old.

#599 2007-09-09 05:06:23

chizet

Hey guys, new to Textpattern and vdh_flickr. I was just wondering if it were possible to link a set to flickr rather than show the images on my site?

Thanks!

#600 2007-09-09 06:12:01

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

chizet wrote:

Hey guys, new to Textpattern and vdh_flickr. I was just wondering if it were possible to link a set to flickr rather than show the images on my site?

you don’t need a plugin for that. just use a regular flickr badge generated from your flickr account

Board footer