Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#181 2007-07-16 14:39:16

progre55

Re: smd_slimbox

Hopefully this is an easy one … seems like it should be …

The Plug In is works great … but what I need to do is with css or some other mechanism automatically set the thumbnail size … I know I can do this within the TXP IMG Management, but I actually need those thumbnails to be a different size than the gallery …

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated …

Thanks in advance.

progre55

ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION: I ADJUSTED SIZE USING THE STYLESHEET

Last edited by progre55 (2007-07-17 21:09:04)

#182 2007-07-21 10:41:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

wheaticus wrote:

If you have a page with multiple slimbox galleries in different categories on the same page AND they all have multiple pages of thumbnails (with prev/next). This hack will allow the prev/next buttons to ONLY page thru a local gallery’s thumbnails, leaving the other gallery’s thumbnail range intact.

Hey man, sorry I didn’t spot this sooner – I’m subscribed to the thread but for some reason missed the notification. Awesome hack; a stroke of genius. It’s been bugging me for ages trying to figure it out: thanks, I owe you one.

I’ll run it through some extensive tests when I get round to fixing the code up for the next version and then, if it holds up and you don’t mind, use your mod in all future releases. I can’t see any obvious drawbacks to doing it this way, but maybe someone with a better knowledge of the inner workings of TXP can give it the green light.

In other words: if anyone knows of any lawful reason why these two bits of code may not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#183 2007-07-21 18:14:46

wheaticus
Website

Bloke wrote:

I’ll run it through some extensive tests when I get round to fixing the code up for the next version and then, if it holds up and you don’t mind, use your mod in all future releases.

I’d be honored if it were to be utilized in the next release. The only thing I can see as being a potential future problem is in the event that an image category is named something that textpattern or another plugin may use. That being said, perhaps a prefix to the category name should be added.

#184 2007-07-24 09:23:16

Qwest

Bloke, knower of all things!!

I use smd_slimbox on all my txp installations (it’s that good, but you knew that anyway!) However when photo’s dont show up in RSS feeds because teh required libraries aren’t loaded.

Do you have any ideas on how to get them working in feeds? or is it a lost cause?

:)

#185 2007-07-24 19:17:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Qwest wrote:

photo’s dont show up in RSS feeds because teh required libraries aren’t loaded.

Bloke – knower of, ummmm, all – utters unto Qwest: ‘Try the libcheck="0" option that was built for Papuass to bypass the check for libraries.’

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#186 2007-07-25 07:18:23

Qwest

Bloke, thanks for your uttering’s. After reading your post and R(ing)TFM (d’oh), libcheck would indeed work! However, do i need to add this to every <txp:smd_slimbox... code i use? (i want all images to show in RSS feeds) Or is there a way i can turn it off by default? Or would that cause detrimental effects?

#187 2007-07-25 11:44:23

Qwest

Bloke wrote:

Qwest wrote:

I want to show the latest 4 images uploaded on the front page of the site im working on at the moment.

How about <txp:smd_slimbox limit="4" orderby="id:desc" /> ?

Also, Further to your help a few pages back, this is still working like a dream, but i’d like to exclude a specific category (‘Site Design’), how would i go about that?

Cheers :D

#188 2007-07-25 21:58:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier… just got back from watching The Simpsons Movie. A noble excuse I’m sure you’ll agree.

Qwest wrote:

After… R(ing)TFM (d’oh), libcheck would indeed work!

Apologies you had to be subjected to the docs. They’re a bit ugly and unwieldy. Fixing them is on the ToDo list.

do i need to add this to every <txp:smd_slimbox… code i use? (i want all images to show in RSS feeds)

Unfortunately, yes, every slimbox tag on the page needs to be told to ignore the library. It doesn’t have the concept of a global switch (hmmm, ideas). But if you put all your images in (sub)categories and use forms wisely, you can maybe limit the number of tags you need on a page.

Of course, if you want to group each category into separate distinct areas on the page you’re stuck with multiple <txp:smd_slimbox...> calls right now until I supercharge it in the next (very long-time coming) version.

i’d like to exclude a specific category (‘Site Design’), how would i go about that?

If it’s everything but one category use ! to exclude it by name:

<txp:smd_slimbox limit="4" orderby="id:desc" category="!site-design" />

Does that help?

Last edited by Bloke (2007-07-25 21:59:53)

#189 2007-07-26 07:41:24

Qwest

Woah! The Simpsons? I apologise for being so impatient!

I found the docs to be quite useful. But I’m sure you’d agree, being a fellow man, that R(ing)TFM isn’t in our genes.

As for adding the libcheck="0" to every slimbox tag, it’s a lot easier to not worry about it! It’s not a big site, so not overly bothered at this moment in time. It’s a shame i cant use a css :after class to automatically add the libcheck attribute. Blast!

As for excluing a specific category. Your bang on the on the mark there Stef! Works like a charm.

Thank you.

#190 2007-07-26 17:25:00

[Axel]
Website

First off all THX for this great plugin!

But I have a small problem. On the first page where I have a couple of articles, with images, I use slimbox. and it works fine. the only thing I cant figure out is, how I can make it to display only the image/images of the “clicked” instead of letting the user few all images in the lightbox. is there a way to do it?

THX

Greetz [Axel]

#191 2007-07-26 20:02:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Axel wrote:

how I can make it to display only the image/images of the “clicked” instead of letting the user few all images in the lightbox.

OK, if I’ve understood correctly, you want to show a number of thumbnails on the front page but each thumb should be “separate” from the others so when you’re viewing the full size picture it says “Image 1 of 1” in the corner? So to get to the next picture, the person has to close the lightbox down and click the next thumb?

If so, that’s a tricky one right now. The groupname option is only programmed to accept the image category (?c) or a custom field. If you really want the program to work in this way I could add the ability for groupname to take the ID of the thumbnail. That way it’s guaranteed unique on a site. Let me know if so.

If, however, you have a number of smd_slimbox tags on the page and you want to stop the lightbox “spilling over” into another group of images on the same page, there are a couple of approaches. If each tag displays pictures from a single category, add groupname="?c" to each tag. Otherwise, make up something unique for each tag, like groupname="grp1" for the 1st tag, groupname="grp2" for the second and so on. That should sort it.

If I’ve misunderstood your problem, let me know (give an example or send a link to a site if you can) and I’ll try and figure out how to help.

#192 2007-07-27 08:06:43

[Axel]
Website

Bloke wrote:

OK, if I’ve understood correctly, you want to show a number of thumbnails on the front page but each thumb should be “separate” from the others so when you’re viewing the full size picture it says “Image 1 of 1” in the corner? So to get to the next picture, the person has to close the lightbox down and click the next thumb?

You understood perfectly my problem. The frontpage contains a couple of articles, each of them has one or more images (not necessarily of different categories) the goal would be to show in the lightbox only the image/images of the article containing the clicked one.

The reason is that the images illustrate the contend of the article, so displaying other images of an other article would not make sense.

I place the images by using <txp:smd_slimbox imageid="4,5" />. The idea using the id of of the image as groupname="4,5" sounds like a solution to me.

Unfortunately I cant give you a link to the site right now because it is under construction, and not open for public, but I could mail you the information if needed.

Greetz [Axel]

P.s. is there a complete list of all slimbox/lightbox tags and its attributes somewhere around?

THX

Last edited by [Axel] (2007-07-27 15:17:51)

Greetz [Axel]

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer