Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-07-24 04:18:40

thealtruismsociety

Having problems with my wishful thoughts template.

I’m pretty sure I did everything in the guide correct. I even uninstalled and reinstalled TP twice, I cannot understand what the issue is. It look like it’s not seeing the stylesheet but I followed the css instructions to the letter.

here is my current site, can anyone help?

http://www.philhanson.com/

#2 2007-07-24 04:38:07

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Having problems with my wishful thoughts template.

havent checked out the template but it looks like you’re completely missing the header

#3 2007-07-24 09:11:48

mourner
Website

Just open the header form in a different text editor and get the contents into the corresponding form and you should be fine. Some editors don’t display anything for some reason – it’s a common problem with TXP templates.

#4 2007-07-24 17:08:12

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

mourner wrote:

Just open the header form in a different text editor and get the contents into the corresponding form and you should be fine. Some editors don’t display anything for some reason – it’s a common problem with TXP templates.

how odd..i just received an email saying my header form file (just a regular txt file) for my theme was completely blank too. anyone know why?

#5 2007-07-24 18:55:33

thealtruismsociety

Well I can tell you I emailed the author, she told me the same thing that I was missing the deader. In the zip file for her templates, the header was the ONLY file that was blank to me. I’m using a Mac and use Textedit to open those files for C&P. When she emailed me just that header again and it was blank, I tried opening the file using my web design software, Coda from Panic software. I was able to see the code then and now the template works.

I have a few other issues though.

One the Flickr is working for me but the images show bigger than the area given for it. Is this something I need to fix at Flickr or somewhere in the template?

Two if you go to this page (http://www.philhanson.com/article/?c=Lively-Tedium) you can see the the words “Articles in ‘Liverly Tedium” is smack dab against the title of the first article, where in the css would I go to move that down some? Anyone know? Thanks alot.

#6 2007-07-24 20:47:38

mourner
Website

iblastoff wrote:
how odd..i just received an email saying my header form file (just a regular txt file) for my theme was completely blank too. anyone know why?

It seems that some editors (like Textedit) do not render all of the content when a text file has a doctype, maybe treating it as an HTML page.

I received lots of emails regarding this issue for my Serene template.

#7 2007-07-25 19:43:04

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve had many an email about this concerning my ports and have had to add a special item about it in my installation instructions. It appears to be a problem with the default text editor on Macs. It seems to want to process the file rather than render it as text. Changing text editors seems to be the best solution.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#8 2007-07-26 14:59:58

delu

Hi, I see you have already solved the problem with the header file:)

Btw. just to let you know, Piotr is Peter in English:P

Last edited by delu (2007-07-26 15:24:58)

Board footer