Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2007-07-11 03:39:23

hhriebe

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_admin_db_manager - database backups and more

Great analysis! It was actually STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, but that did the trick. But it begs the question: should I be using UTF8 with Txp or did you just mean that this would have allowed the plugin to insert its unicode character? As you say, the plugin needs fixing anyway since this will prevent installation where one does not have access to the MySQL configuration file if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

#146 2007-07-18 01:36:47

damienbuckley
Website

I havent gone through the whole forum though I may have a fix for people getting the following error:

Warning: unlink(/home/ourwynn/public_html/files/1183096682-ourwynn_main.sql.gz) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/ourwynn/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code on line 95
textpattern
CategoriesWriteArticlesImagesFilesLinksCommentsEvent CategoriesSectionsPagesFormsStyleDiagnosticsPreferencesUsersVisitor LogsPluginsImportDB ManagerRun SQLDB BackupUnlim Cats

BACKUP FAILED. ERROR NO: 127

I had the same problem on one of two otherwise identical hosting servers and couldnt work out why one worked and one didnt until I remembered that on the one that worked I have PHP safe mode turned off as I run Slideshow Pro. Having turned PHP safe mode off on the faulty server, the backup now runs perfectly. I’d like to add a disclaimer that you should check with your hosting company as to whether or not they allow you to turn off PHP safe mode and also check if there are any security issues with turning it off prior. Obviously every hosting company has a different setup and requirements so please check first.

#147 2007-07-19 22:07:24

rsskga
Website

I’m having the same issue that steventer had. I followed through the forum thread to understand how some edits allowed him to solve the problem, but because the plugin has been updated, the code he edited no longer exists. So, I don’t know how to go about fixing things. Any help?

steventer wrote:

Doesn’t work for me; this is all I get in the downloaded file:

mysqldump Ver 8.23 Distrib 3.23.58, for pc-linux (i686)
By Igor Romanenko, Monty, Jani & Sinisa
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Dumping definition and data mysql database or table
Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables]
OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] —databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3…]
OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] —all-databases [OPTIONS]

-A, —all-databases Dump all the databases. This will be same as —databases with all databases selected. -a, —all Include all MySQL specific create options. -#, —debug=… Output debug log. Often this is ‘d:t:o,filename`. —character-sets-dir=… Directory where character sets are -?, —help Display this help message and exit. -B, —databases To dump several databases. Note the difference in usage; In this case no tables are given. All name arguments are regarded as databasenames. ‘USE db_name;’ will be included in the output -c, —complete-insert Use complete insert statements. -C, —compress Use compression in server/client protocol. —default-character-set=… Set the default character set -e, —extended-insert Allows utilization of the new, much faster INSERT syntax. —add-drop-table Add a ‘drop table’ before each create. —add-locks Add locks around insert statements. —allow-keywords Allow creation of column names that are keywords. —delayed-insert Insert rows with INSERT DELAYED. —delete-master-logs Issue RESET MASTER on the master just after taking the dump, and before unlocking tables. This will automatically enable —first-slave. —master-data This will cause the master position and filename to be appended to your output, before unlocking tables. This will automatically enable —first-slave. -F, —flush-logs Flush logs file in server before starting dump. -f, —force Continue even if we get an sql-error. -h, —host=… Connect to host. -l, —lock-tables Lock all tables for read. —no-autocommit Wrap tables with autocommit/commit statements. -K, —disable-keys ‘/*!40000 ALTER TABLE tb_name DISABLE KEYS */; and ‘/*!40000 ALTER TABLE tb_name ENABLE KEYS */; will be put in the output. -n, —no-create-db ‘CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ db_name;’ will not be put in the output. The above line will be added otherwise, if —databases or —all-databases option was given. -t, —no-create-info Don’t write table creation info. -d, —no-data No row information. -O, —set-variable var=option give a variable a value. —help lists variables —opt Same as —add-drop-table —add-locks —all —quick —extended-insert —lock-tables —disable-keys -p, —password[=…] Password to use when connecting to server. If password is not given it’s solicited on the tty. -P, —port=… Port number to use for connection. -q, —quick Don’t buffer query, dump directly to stdout. -Q, —quote-names Quote table and column names with ` -r, —result-file=… Direct output to a given file. This option should be used in MSDOS, because it prevents new line ‘\n’ from being converted to ‘\n\r’ (newline + carriage return). -S, —socket=… Socket file to use for connection. —tables Overrides option —databases (-B). -T, —tab=… Creates tab separated textfile for each table to given path. (creates .sql and .txt files). NOTE: This only works if mysqldump is run on the same machine as the mysqld daemon. -u, —user=# User for login if not current user. -v, —verbose Print info about the various stages. -V, —version Output version information and exit. -w, —where= dump only selected records; QUOTES mandatory! -X, —xml dump a database as well formed XML -x, —first-slave Locks all tables across all databases. EXAMPLES: “—where=user=‘jimf’” “-wuserid>1” “-wuserid<1” Use T (—tab=…) with —fields… —fields-terminated-by=… Fields in the textfile are terminated by … —fields-enclosed-by=… Fields in the importfile are enclosed by … —fields-optionally-enclosed-by=… Fields in the i.file are opt. enclosed by … —fields-escaped-by=… Fields in the i.file are escaped by … —lines-terminated-by=… Lines in the i.file are terminated by …

Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/my.cnf /var/lib/mysql/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf
The following groups are read: mysqldump client
The following options may be given as the first argument:
—print-defaults Print the program argument list and exit
—no-defaults Don’t read default options from any options file
—defaults-file=# Only read default options from the given file #
—defaults-extra-file=# Read this file after the global files are read

Possible variables for option —set-variable (-O) are:
max_allowed_packet current value: 25165824
net_buffer_length current value: 1047551

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#148 2007-07-21 05:20:05

Wandering Mango

I’m trying to get rs_admin_db_manager working, but am encountering “BACKUP FAILED. ERROR NO: 2” when I try to do a backup. I’m not even sure what “error no: 2” is – can anyone fill me in? In any case, here are the vitals:

Textpattern 4.04
mysqldump 8.23
mysql database version 5.0.37-log
rss_admin_db_manager 4.3

Debug line:

mysqldump -hpaomysql23.soerver.net -u*** -p*** -Q —add-drop-table qaj > /home/content/j/a/i/qaj/html/files/1184995060-qaj.sql

When I say not to lock tables, or to skip backing up the log file, I get a 20 byte backup – just containing the mysqldump help file. I’m supposing this is because certain options are not recognised. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Wandering Mango (2007-07-21 05:20:33)

#149 2007-07-28 11:49:45

ellen

Hello,

I’ve installed the plugin in my local TXP installation (Mac OS X + MAMP) and it creates backups when I klick the .gzip link. Unfortunately the backup seems to be empty. I unpacked and checked the .sql file and it contained nothing. I’ve tried four times and each backup has not more than 20 bytes… What am I doing wrong?

My intention is to use the backup for creating the tables on my server.

Last edited by ellen (2007-07-28 11:52:02)

#150 2007-07-28 17:11:19

hhriebe

I had a similar experience when I accidentally left the “mysqldump Path” and “mysql Path” configuration fields empty. They should at least contain the words mysqldump and mysql – if you still get errors then you need to specify the complete path.

#151 2007-07-29 17:04:15

ellen

hhriebe schrieb:

I had a similar experience when I accidentally left the “mysqldump Path” and “mysql Path” configuration fields empty. They should at least contain the words mysqldump and mysql – if you still get errors then you need to specify the complete path.

The fields aren’t empty and in the meantime I brought the website manually to my server. I’ve installed rss_admin_db_manager too and the same thing happens. I get this error message:

Warning: unlink(/var/www/web80/html/test/files/1185727086-usr_web80_1.sql.gz): Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden in /var/www/web80/html/test/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()’d code on line 95
Backup error 126

REading through the forum I recognized that other people have had the same problem but I found no solution?!

#152 2007-07-31 11:20:59

ellen

Specified complete paths – same error.
What can I do about it???????????????????????

#153 2007-08-21 18:02:26

arnski
Archived Plugin Author
Website

For all folks still getting the Error No: 02

I got it working using another MySQL-User (you can’t change that via the admin-interface, but you can change the config.php-file located in your textpattern-folder).

The user seems to need special rights “selecting a database” or something – DB-experts might correct me.

I got to this solution when i used the console.app under OS X to watch the httpd-error log. It spit out the following error-message:

mysqldump: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ to database ‘textpattern_test’ when selecting the database

I simply changed to the root-user which might not be the best solution in a production-environment ;)

So basically i think you need to specify a user with these “selecting the database”- rights or change your current users rights accordingly.

Hope it helps,

Arne

#154 2007-09-07 14:20:01

maniqui
Website

For some reason, the plug-in stopped working (ie. making back-ups) after I changed the folder path (I checked the folders permissions and are the same from /files/ folder).

I changed it back to /files/ but it still not working. It just creates a 20 bytes file.

I have tried uninstalling and installing it again with no luck.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#155 2007-09-07 18:13:43

maniqui
Website

I managed to “fix it” by deleting the plug-in and also deleting every reference to rss_dbbk (in the txp_prefs table) using phpMyAdmin.

Then, I installed the plug-in again and voilà! It worked when I tried to create a new backup.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#156 2007-10-20 14:16:13

castanet

I am using rss_admin_db_manager to search and replace text across articles, like this:
update textpattern set body = replace(body,“old text”,“new text”);
The selected text is being replaced in the database, and I can see it when I open up the articles. But each article then needs to be saved down again before the changes are visible on the site. Am I doing it wrong?
Thanks for a great plugin.

Board footer