Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-07-04 20:58:37

davebias
Website

Looking to team up with a plugin developer on a large project

Hello,

Hopefully, you’re reading this because you make TXP plugins.

I build websites for musicians and organizations on a pretty regular clip. I’ve finally decided, after much experimentation, that TXP is my CMS of choice. But as with most people, I have special needs, not all of which are covered in TXP or in the many wonderful plugins and mods.

I have an ongoing need to have a plugin developer on my call list. And before you email me, let me be clear that I need you to have written at least a few stable, widely used plugins. You have to be intimately familiar with this process in order to keep dev time and bug-fixing to a bare minimum.

Here’s a small example of what I need:
A Flash music player that a) uses swfobject.js to embed the Flash file in a valid way, b) uses the free XSPF player button to play single song instances and the full player for playlists, c) outputs the appropriate code snippet for swfobject and d) provides a dead-simple way to call mp3 files from an article entry.

I’m also looking to work out a plugin/mod combination that allows for basic store functionality with PayPal/Google Checkout bells and whistles.

And pending an email from Joel – maybe I need some help, development, or maybe just tweaking of his jmc_event_manager to add a dead-simple event manager to my sites.

There is plenty of other stuff on my list AND I’ve got money to pay for these services. I don’t ask for anything for free.

That said – I’d like the plugin or mod or whatever we cook up to remain free and available to the TXP community, unless it just costs SO much to use that we need to offset the cost in some way.

I already have integration needs taken care of… My assistant and I do all of the basics, designing and structuring the sites, installing TXP and plugins, tweaking the TXP tags to do what we need them to do. We’re looking for that extra bump from you to help us streamline our operation.

Please email me directly if you’re interested, or have questions. I’m not a regular on the TXP forums and I really think that our discussions aren’t really relevant for clogging up the works here.

If, on the other hand, you have suggestions, referrals, etc. – please post them here.

Thanks!
Dave

Last edited by davebias (2007-07-04 21:00:51)

#2 2007-07-04 22:16:13

maniqui
Website

Re: Looking to team up with a plugin developer on a large project

Hi davebias,

Sorry to be a little off-topic but, please, could you tell me the differences (if you know them) between the JW MP3 Player and the one you posted (XSPF)?

I see the license is different, but anything else that should be taken into consideration?
(I didn’t know the one you posted).

BTW, there is a TxP plug-in for the JW Player that might be useful as base for creating a new one for your projects.

Thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2007-07-05 06:47:05

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

hi david, welcome… did you get in touch with team txp ?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2007-07-05 08:41:44

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

appologies for lack of reply. I’m in the midst of the next version of the event manager with a few things added that have been requested.

contact me @ euphemize[at]gmail[dot]com :)

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

Board footer