Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-05-22 18:35:17

jstubbs
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] fpx_image_import

Its not that is sucks, its just confusing when you have a plugin installed. Then its hard to know how to create/edit/change a thumbnail. Just an example. If you use the TXP default image handling without any image plugins, its not so bad.

#14 2006-05-31 13:44:58

alexwest

Great work!

Something I would like to see as an added feature is the option (very much like Filename as alt-text) to have the Image name being set to the Filename minus the extension.

Thanks!

be safe and happy

#15 2006-06-02 17:09:10

aba
Plugin Author

alexwest wrote:

Great work!

Something I would like to see as an added feature is the option (very much like Filename as alt-text) to have the Image name being set to the Filename minus the extension.

Thanks!

locate the following code segment (after about 2/3):

<code>
$ext = $extensions[$extension];
$imagename = utf8_encode(substr($filename, 0, strrpos($filename, ‘.’)));
$alt = $imagename;
$imagename .= $ext;
$name2db = doSlash($imagename);
</code>
get rid of the following line:

<code>
$imagename .= $ext;
</code>

#16 2006-07-18 12:47:43

bluelena69

I am getting a redirect error in both Firefox and IE7 when I try to open my “image” tab in admin. The error reads “Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.” I have a feeling that something might have happened when I was trying to implement a multiple image import plugin. I first used aba_import_image and then realized that fpx_image_import might be better for my needs. Thus I uninstalled the aba_import and installed fpx_import plugin. It was after this that I noticed that I received the aforementioned error when trying to access the image tab. Any ideas? If it helps, my site lives on a Windows 2003 server box and I am utilizing a redirect trick to get clean urls…

Thanks,
Blue

“He has emotional problems. We need a new American President…”

—Hugo Chavez

#17 2006-07-19 10:33:37

Destry
Website

Promising plugin, Flashpix. Since aba is planning a complete rewrite of his version (aba_image_import)…why don’t you guys work together?

#18 2006-07-19 20:49:13

aba
Plugin Author

Destry wrote:

Promising plugin, Flashpix. Since aba is planning a complete rewrite of his version (aba_image_import)…why don’t you guys work together?

because I’m a lousy programmer, awkward to work with and still trying to get myself convinced to do the rewrite.

Use the source, do it like I did: Get a book about PHP and start changing the plugin.

#19 2006-07-20 10:14:27

Destry
Website

Forget your meds this morning, aba? You so misunderstand me I’m not even going to go there. In any case, your words speak volumes.

#20 2006-09-08 16:38:05

squaredeye
Website

FPX,
Great plugin,
Did I miss something, or will I always see the file structure of the images in the import folder?
Will I need to manually delete those after import?

If so, can we have an option of deleting those like nhn did?

:)

Matthew

#21 2006-10-20 17:46:48

mrdale
Website

ma_smith wrote:

If so, can we have an option of deleting those like nhn did?

Hear, hear… I’d like this also.

#22 2007-05-19 11:57:21

pfctdayelise
Website

This plugin possibly isn’t compatible with ebl_BatchUpload, which also modifies the ‘image’ tab. With both enabled I couldn’t see any of the import options at the end of the page. Disabling ebl_BatchUpload made them show up. this is on TXP 4.0.4.

cheers,
Brianna

#23 2007-07-04 10:58:19

Joey

Here it works nice on 4.0.5.

However, I’ve got a question: is there a way to control the order of importing the pictures? For example, I’m using it to upload a whole photoalbum and then I display it as an album on my site. So if I have pict001.jpg, pict002.jpg, etc, I want those pictures to import in that order. Apparently, fpx_image_import doesn’t do that, which will cause me to have photoalbums which are not (automatically) sorted by date.

Regards,

Joey

#24 2007-07-04 17:16:26

aba
Plugin Author

The files are processed by reading the directory and importing each image after the directory entry has been read. They are not imported in an array that could be sorted.

You have to make sure that your ftp client transfers them in the right order.

Usually sorting them in the ftp client alphabetically and uploading them should work, but there are some ftp clients that allow to define this (fetch5 for the Mac has a setting for this). I use scp, so I can’t help you with this, sorry.

Changing this behaviour would need a rewrite of the plugin. It shouldn’t be that difficult but changing one line is not enough.

Board footer