Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-05-13 20:43:11

sthmtc
Website

[mention] Textpattern driven site "featured" in important computer magazine! :)

In the upcoming (available tomorrow) issue of Germany’s most important computer magazine, c’t the cover story is about open source content management systems. Textpattern is of course also featured and to illustrate the story they used a screenshot of my website weknowrap.com. As I don’t have the article here right now I can’t really tell you what it says about Textpattern but the fact that they used my site as an example makes me smile a bit :) The caption however, is a bit off. It basically says: “As the name already suggests, Textpattern is a text-centric CMS while still striving for a stylish look.”

EDIT: The article mentions Textpattern only briefly and what it says is not very precise…

“Despite the fact that Textpattern needs a MySQL database, it’s still a lightweight CMS but not really useful for complex workflows. Despite the fact that it doesn’t handle multi-language websites nor versioning, the text-centric mini-CMS [whatever that is supposed to mean :)] presents itself well arranged and fancy. As default it uses the markup language Textile, which is known from many Wikis, alternatively you can use Tiny MCE.”

A teaser of the story can be found here

Last edited by sthmtc (2007-05-14 09:53:33)

#2 2007-05-13 23:46:25

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [mention] Textpattern driven site "featured" in important computer magazine! :)

I know of forthcoming mentions of Txp in 2 other magazines as well.

Last edited by Mary (2007-05-14 00:17:27)

#3 2007-05-21 16:32:28

lozmatic
Website

Re: [mention] Textpattern driven site "featured" in important computer magazine! :)

a text-centric mini-CMS? I would argue most are!

Congrats on being featured. The site looks good on print too!

#4 2007-05-24 21:08:06

tameboy
Plugin Author

Just my copy of .net magazine through the door (UK). Textpattern is featured as one of the free tools on the CD. There’s not much in the magazine about Txp, but on the CD it is described as “A free, flexible, elegant, easy-to-use content management system for all kinds of websites, even weblogs. Textpattern is a web application designed to help overcome the problems of coding and designing, enabling you to quickly publish online, and to simplify the production of well structured, standards-compliant web pages”.

Obviously it is in their interest to make it sound good, so their CD seems like a good resource, but it sounds fairly accurate to me :)

#5 2007-05-24 21:12:33

els

tameboy wrote:

Obviously it is in their interest to make it sound good, so their CD seems like a good resource, but it sounds fairly accurate to me :)

That’s just a quote from the site :) It’s accurate, but lazy ;)

#6 2007-05-25 09:32:00

tameboy
Plugin Author

I hadn’t spotted that! Very lazy :)

Having had time to read more of this month’s .net there is a further reference to Txp quoting it as an alternative to WordPress ‘worth considering’. Not much of an accolade but still good for Txp to be mentioned a couple of times.

Board footer