Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-04-17 23:28:47

etoile

Assistance for personal website

I’m developing a database of cruise ships that have accessible cabins. This is a personal project, not even non-profit…it’s just me. I have a hand-coded version here: http://www.amanita.net/cruiseaccess/

I’ve been trying to determine if this is a project that could be adapted to Textpattern. I enjoy creating websites and playing with CMS flavors, but I’m really having a tough time with the learning curve of Textpattern. If this is a project that can readily be adapted to Textpattern, I’ll soldier onward!

I’m posting in the job forum, though, because I’d also like to get bids for converting the project to Textpattern. I have no idea how much money this is worth, so I have no idea if I can afford it. If the answer to my initial question is “yes, it shouldn’t be too hard” then I will try it myself. If the answer is “yes, but it might be kind of difficult” then I would prefer to pay someone to do it. Hope that’s okay!

#2 2007-04-18 00:51:36

Jeremie
Website

Re: Assistance for personal website

Do you need/want the data to be in a database? Or more to the point, let me rephrase: do you need the database to know that Crystal Serenity has 2 balcony cabins.

If that’s the case, I doubt TXP is the CMS for you. If not, there are all simple articles, it should be easy to do (unless I’m missing something).

#3 2007-04-18 01:06:25

etoile

I could anticipate wanting to do calculations in the future, but at this point, I think it’s okay to just go ahead as straightforward data and do the math myself – there’s not a lot of it, and I’m not planning anything fancy like “search for which ship has the most accessible suites” or anything like that.

#4 2007-04-18 01:17:13

Jeremie
Website

Then it’s just a couple of pages. Quite easy, just write the articles and link to them the way you do it now.

#5 2007-05-04 21:58:52

NyteOwl

hi etoile, I hought I recognized the url. as Jeremie indicated, you’re already on the right track. And welcome to Textpattern.

Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination. / 36-bits Forever! / #include <disclaimer.h>;

Board footer