Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-23 13:44:07

DigitalRealm
Website

New Site: Upstate Pet Connect

Hey all, we recently launched Upstate Pet Connect, which is a site where people can post free pet listings.

This site combines some of the more “standard” TXP plugins, along with some custom built stuff to get it to all work together. Obviously, the biggest part was building the submission form! It is a mix of PHP and JavaScript that allows the user to create a free ad for the site. It also uploads a photo if they have one, or it defaults to a generic logo if they don’t have one. To view the form and create an ad, it does require an account. This is primarily for security purposes and for us to be able to accurately track who posts ads, etc.

Best part here is that when they upload the form on the front-end, it automatically creates the article on the admin side, and emails me a link to go and approve it for the site. It uses custom fields for all of the ad info.

For account management, I am using mem_self_register for the initial account creation, and then ign_password_protect from that point so the user can edit/change their account info and passwords.

So far, it is all working well. There are a few things that we will be tweaking over the next few days including some layout issues and better account control for the user. Anyway, check it out and please offer some feedback! I am always interested in hearing ways to make my projects better! Thanks!

Upstate Pet Connect

#2 2007-03-30 17:04:35

zero
Website

Re: New Site: Upstate Pet Connect

Simple, clear layout. Easy to follow. I like the colours and graphics too. I don’t have any suggestions on how to improve it.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2007-03-31 11:53:20

squaredeye
Website

Cory,
Glad to see the site up. Well done.
Have you considered adding and active state to the main nav menu?

Matthew

#4 2007-04-03 12:06:37

DigitalRealm
Website

Matthew,

Yeah I have, and it is coming really soon. I am working on tweaking the layout just a bit, based on user input, and that is one of the items on the list.

#5 2007-04-04 17:44:16

dbulli
Website

As a manly man .. can i say cute ;) ! looks clean … although i hate that huge ad at the top .. but i guess money runs things ..

nuff-respec ::: dannyb

Board footer