You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#85 2007-03-14 20:47:23

progre55

Re: smd_slimbox

Bloke:

Not sure if this will resolve Joel’s problem … but I did what you said and had the same issue … so then it was search and search more issue comparing both sites (the one that work and the one that did not) … after looking at everything … wouldn’t you know it was the last thing I checked and the difference between both sites was that in the one that worked, I had this line on the top:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>

When I added this line to the one that was not working, magically everything resolved itself. Not sure why? But it did …

Like I said, I am not sure if this solves Joel’s problem, but it did the trick for me.

Thanks for your help and guidance. Great work on the TXP Plug IN.

progre55

#86 2007-03-14 21:00:11

joel

@ progre55
Unfortunately it didn’t…

I’ll keep looking :)

#87 2007-03-14 21:03:15

progre55

Joel:

One other thing to keep an eye out for is your stylesheet. I also noticed that if there was a problem with the style sheet it could cause the same thing to occurr …

hope you find a solution …

progre55

#88 2007-03-15 10:20:49

joel

I tried to remove my styling and put them back one by one. Not even without styling the problem was gone. Maybe I should use an external stylesheet?

#89 2007-03-15 15:22:25

treb0r
Website

Hey Stef,

Thanks for a fantastic plug-in.

I’m having a small problem – I’d like to use the “?t” category option to only show images that are in a category with the same name as the URL only title of the article. This is the form I’m using:

<h1><txp:title /></h1>
<strong>Added:</strong> <i><txp:posted gmt=“0” /></i>
<br />
<txp:body />
<br />
<txp:smd_slimbox category=”?t” />

For some reason, this outputs all images, not just the ones in the correct category.

I’ve double checked that the url only title and image category are exactly the same.

Thanks in advance!

#90 2007-03-16 08:22:51

Papuass
Website

This is what I get in my RSS feed in place of pictures:

Slimbox: Required libraries not loaded. Call <txp:smd_slimbox_inc /> in the <head> of this page.

#91 2007-03-16 11:10:16

treb0r
Website

I must be doing something wrong – I can only get the plug-in to work by specifying either category or image IDs directly in the tag. If I try to use any of the options that should allow me to pull categories and IDs from a given article (Custom Fields, Article Image, Title, etc), it doesn’t work.

I seem to be the only person on this thread with this problem, so I’m sure it’s me.

:)

#92 2007-03-16 14:28:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

treb0r wrote:

I can only get the plug-in to work by specifying either category or image IDs directly in the tag. If I try to use any of the options that should allow me to pull categories and IDs from a given article (Custom Fields, Article Image, Title, etc), it doesn’t work.

Two things to check:

1. Are you using the tag in an individual article page? The Custom Field / Article Image / Title etc won’t work on an article-list page because there’s no actual article to read from.
  2. Check 1 again :-)

<txp:smd_slimbox category=”?t” /> For some reason, this outputs all images, not just the ones in the correct category.

Yeah, sorry. It’s an annoying bug in version 0.23 and below. If it can’t find any pics from a ‘?’-specified field it panics and dumps everything out. I’ve found a fix, implemented in the next rev. For now, specify a non-existent category as well as the ?t option (e.g. category="?t, stef-is-a-hacky-coder")

Hope that helps. If it’s still playing up, let me know and I’ll diagnose further.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#93 2007-03-16 14:45:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Papuass wrote:

This is what I get in my RSS feed in place of pictures: Slimbox: Required libraries not loaded. Call <txp:smd_slimbox_inc /> in the <head> of this page.

Eeek, I’ve never tried delivering slimbox thumbs via RSS (in fact, I’ve never tried an RSS feed full stop).

What are you expecting the feed to say? Should it spit out some other text and the plugin is getting in the way and outputting that error when you don’t want any slimbox output at all? If so I’d better find a fix to stop it interacting with RSS.

On the other hand, assuming you do actually want the thumbs to be in your feed…

I’m not sure of the mechanism that RSS uses but I guess the feed is independent of the page: The RSS reader issues a “request” to the page (site?) to ask “what’s new” and the response is “here’s what’s new.” Is that right? Does an RSS browser get its own full page, with DTD/head/body and so on, or is it just a snippet of XML or something? Do you know how it is generated from TXP? As I say I’ve never used it.

I can only assume that when the request comes to the page, smd_slimbox is called which spots that it hasn’t got the slimbox.js / mootools.js / slimbox.css loaded, and complains.

If you don’t want the full lightbox-effect in the feed (i.e. just the thumbs to show new additions) you could try bypassing the feature for your feeds page by calling <smd_slimbox_inc skip="3"> before the smd_slimbox tag. That just tells slimbox “I know what I’m doing, I’ve loaded the relevant libraries, go about your business”. In this case you’re lying, but the plugin doesn’t care!

Does that help or have I misunderstood?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#94 2007-03-18 17:41:53

Papuass
Website

I am afraid that I can not do that. RSS feed is not just another page and I can not modify its structure (put that skip directive in header).

I would prefer that only clickable thumbnails (link to bigger version) are sit out at RSS feed with no lightbox effect.

Temporary fixed for myself by commenting out checking for loaded libs.

#95 2007-03-18 18:00:37

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Papuass wrote:

I would prefer that only clickable thumbnails (link to bigger version) are sit out at RSS feed with no lightbox effect. Temporary fixed for myself by commenting out checking for loaded libs.

OK, not a problem. Sorry it doesn’t do that right now; I never considered RSSing the thumbs. I’ll maybe add an option in the next rev to do what you’ve just done: ignore the ‘loaded’ check for RSS. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-03-18 18:03:48)

#96 2007-03-18 23:02:05

lee

Hi Stef, I’m trying to use slideshow v2 along with slimbox without luck. I think it’s got something to do with moo tools. Load your version of moo and slimbox works and the slideshow stops, load the slideshow version of moo and slideshow works and slimbox stops. I’ve read up and know which modules to include in moo and went and got my own version of moo with all required modules – but still no luck.

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer