Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-03-06 07:24:44

maarten
Website

Dutch elementary school

Hi,

I’ve built a website for one of our local elementary schools.

It’s the first site i’ve ever built for someone (besides my own blog of course) so I would like to hear some opinions. I know the color scheme is outspoken since I use a combination of green and orange but I hope you like it.

Suggestions for improvements are more than welcome but please bear in mind that the most important part of the site is the content :)

#2 2007-03-06 07:45:02

TNT
Website

Re: Dutch elementary school

It takes a little getting used to, but the color scheme is fine! The site looks very pleasing overall.

Two minor points:
1. I would increase the font-size on the main content a little. It seems one or two pixels (yes, I said pixels :-) too small.
2. Why does the overblijfcoördinator still have her own site? It makes sense to incorporate that into the school’s website…

Prrrrrrrr

#3 2007-03-06 09:05:10

maarten
Website

TNT wrote:

It takes a little getting used to, but the color scheme is fine! The site looks very pleasing overall.
Two minor points:
1. I would increase the font-size on the main content a little. It seems one or two pixels (yes, I said pixels :-) too small.
2. Why does the overblijfcoördinator still have her own site? It makes sense to incorporate that into the school’s website…

Thank you!

I’ve been struggling with the font-size for a long time. It’s now 11px but when I change it to twelve it makes a big difference. I personally like small fonts but I will propose your idea to them.
The overblijfcoördinator still has her own site but it is indeed supposed to be incorperated soon.

#4 2007-03-06 16:11:38

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

What, no web cams to see the kids :)

The thing that stands out for me is the color scheme, or should I say blends in, since I’m color blind.

The content seems fine, well laid out, I can’t read it but I can pick words out here and there.

The pictures are good quality, like the class ones. It would be nice if the script that is used would adjust to the user’s browser width and length, so you wouldn’t have to be scrolling to find the close button.

This is my favorite class picture, it’s indicative of the freedom of expression at such an early age.

#5 2007-03-06 17:04:22

Joey

Looks good Maarten. One tip, doesn’t matter that much, but maybe it’s nicer to use some clean urls (with gbp_permanent_links) for the group sites, so that http://www.obsdegouwzee.nl/kinderen/?c=Groep-6 becomes http://www.obsdegouwzee.nl/kinderen/groep-6.

Regards,

Joey

#6 2007-03-06 17:07:45

TNT
Website

@hcgtv: You can just click outside the picture and the picture will close. The close button is an extra service for the user who really wants to click a close button, but not really necessary. :-)

Prrrrrrrr

#7 2007-03-06 17:08:53

mrdale
Website

Nice site design, very age appropriate. Fun.

I like it. Perhaps the colors could contrast a little better, but I think you’ve done a great job.

#8 2007-03-06 17:33:13

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

TNT wrote:

@hcgtv: You can just click outside the picture and the picture will close.

Didn’t know that, learn something new everyday, thanks.

#9 2007-03-06 21:58:40

TNT
Website

hcgtv wrote:

Didn’t know that, learn something new everyday, thanks.

You’re welcome!

Prrrrrrrr

#10 2007-03-07 06:21:22

maarten
Website

Thanks for all your kind comments / remarks!

(and I’ll give gbp_permanent_links a try since I don’t like messy URL’s either… )

Board footer