Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-02-23 03:11:25

Nathan82

Re: Fashion label site, with txp powered store.

sthmtc wrote:

uhmm, no i don’t get exactly what you’re trying to do there…

Well it works, sort of. Your way makes much more sense though, thanks. Like I said I’m ditching the current product pages anyway. Textpattern is really easy to use as a store, you just hide articles to turn products on and off, and the custom fields are perfect for adding things like prices to paypal code embedded in the article form. If I can figure it out, any idiot could!

#14 2007-02-23 03:13:06

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Nathan82 wrote:

Just had a root around, it’s because the textarea ID is different on each of those pages. Here’s my updated code.

Added this for the Plugins tab:

editAreaLoader.init({
	id : "plugin-code"
	,syntax: "php"
	,start_highlight: true
	,allow_toggle: false
	,font_family: 'Consolas, Monaco, "Courier New", monospace'
	});

Whoa, this opens up so many possibilities. Many thanks for sharing…

#15 2007-02-23 03:16:59

sthmtc
Website

hcgtv wrote:

Whoa, this opens up so many possibilities. Many thanks for sharing…

unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work under OS X. tried firefox and safari without luck.

#16 2007-02-23 03:37:28

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

sthmtc wrote:

unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work under OS X. tried firefox and safari without luck.

No it doesn’t seem to have been tested on Mac OSX, maybe let him know?

Read through all the docs, a lot of nice configuration options. I’m going to play with creating a txp:tag friendly syntax file, I can base it off the html one.

#17 2007-02-23 04:03:11

Nathan82

hcgtv, fancy writing this up in the How-tos and Examples section at some point? I would but I’m, er, lazy. :) Txp friendly styntax would be awesome.

#18 2007-02-23 05:58:38

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Nathan82 wrote:

hcgtv, fancy writing this up in the How-tos and Examples section at some point?

Yeah, after I play with it more, I’ll write up something and throw it on TextBook.

#19 2007-02-23 13:05:15

Jeremie
Website

Nathan82 wrote:

I’m in the process of switching to a different structure – a section for each product, with individual posts for each image (Front, Back, Detail etc). This way we can add additional info and artwork below the stock photos. Hopefully I can make this a lot more elegant with no code exposed to the other contributors. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Ouch! Why not set one article per product, and add multiple images to that article? You can add whatever text data you want to each images; and then control how they are displayed.

#20 2007-02-23 13:56:43

Nathan82

Nathan82 wrote:

I’m in the process of switching to a different structure – a section for each product, with individual posts for each image (Front, Back, Detail etc). This way we can add additional info and artwork below the stock photos. Hopefully I can make this a lot more elegant with no code exposed to the other contributors. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeremie wrote:

Ouch! Why not set one article per product, and add multiple images to that article? You can add whatever text data you want to each images; and then control how they are displayed.

That’s probably a better approach, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of using categories because each product is almost like a separate blog, with lots of additional content. To be honest I’ve struggled with deciding an appropriate information structure for the store – I’m an artist by trade not a programmer, and don’t have the most logical brain :)

The other problem I have to tackle is to make the thumbnail page dynamically generate based on the products that are live on the store, at the moment it’s all hard coded.

#21 2007-03-05 22:50:08

a_band
Website

If you guys are interested in an E-Commerce plugin for TXP, check out this thread

~ Levi ———————————-

#22 2007-03-06 05:31:04

Nathan82

a_band wrote:

If you guys are interested in an E-Commerce plugin for TXP, check out this thread

I am very interested. As you can probably tell from this thread, it’s best I don’t contribute as I’d almost certainly make your code worse! Though if we ended up using your solution (however highly customised) I’d set aside some of the paypal revenue as a donation. Good luck :)

Board footer